11nd April to 17rd April 2020

Friday 17th April
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Art of Shaving 'Kingsman' Cream - Pal Adjustable - Personna SSC #2 - Irisch Moos A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
9TGZQiY.jpg

Please share your experience with Muhle XL brush silver tip fibre
Hi Ashok, I find the MÜHLE XL to be a very different brush to the smaller MÜHLE Silvertip Fibre brushes. At 25mm it is not the largest of knots but the loft makes it feel extra large. It is a very capable and comfortable brush, with less scritch than the smaller similar MÜHLE knots, but don't forget to shake out the excess water it will hold. I like it, for me it is a keeper.

Fri 17th SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Bowl Ceramic
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gillette Red Tip
Blade Euromax Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershave
Alum + Special Thayers Mix
Clubman Whisky Woods
Another terrific soap from PAA. Use a small spoon to scrape just abit into bowl and start lathering. Really nice refreshing scent and good thick creamily slick lather result!
Shave with razor paired with this new blade was good. Smooth and sharpish throughout the few passes. 3+1passes WTG, XTG, ATG & buffing. So comfortable were the passes and got caught with some carelessness. 2 tinny weepers resulted. Alum stopped that but otherwise no other stings follow by Thayers and WhiskyWood. A DFS close to BBS with rating 9/10!
20200417_071357.jpg
20200417_074449.jpg

Friday

Phoenix and Beau Star Noir
Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo 24mm synth
Face lather
Valet Autostrop VC3
Feather FHS-10
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
RazoRock Plague Doctor splash

A very safe, smooth shave from the VC3 this morning. Probably not the most assertive of the Autostrops; but it did the job nicely with what was left bristle-wise after yesterday's encounter with one of my 1912s.

56CAABB2-D247-4D37-A65D-D42F9A87BB52.jpeg

17 April

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Simfix Barrule 2 band super
Rex Ambassador (2,2.5)
Feather Hi-stainless
Proraso white asb
Chanel Bleu

E422F3B2-AE34-4274-A3DB-4A859C49DF3E.jpeg

The Feather blade was not quite as good today, but looking back I see that this is the fifth shave with the same blade, so it is time for change.

Fri 17th April

RazoRock Syn.22mm
Lea Classic soap
PAL Injctomatic
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Lea Classic soap

A rather pleasant laid back Shave, as concentrated on the lightest of touches and did not go for an ultra close finish. However, I am quite pleased with the overall finish quality ,especially as it felt quite bad when last week I missed my Daily Shave.

IMG_0686.jpg

Friday 17th April
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Art of Shaving 'Kingsman' Cream - Pal Adjustable - Personna SSC #2 - Irisch Moos A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
Wow, by the time I found out there was a Kingsman shaving cream, they were all sold out. Please tell me it's rubbish.

________________________________​

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Cream -Trumpers Eucris
Brush - New Forest
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Wilkinson (7)
Post - Alum, followed by Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

IMG_0003.JPG

Wow, by the time I found out there was a Kingsman shaving cream, they were all sold out. Please tell me it's rubbish.
Unfortunately I'll have to enhance your disappointment; as it's absolutely superb in both scent and performance.
My son got it for me from a Art of Shaving store in Orlando. That was shortly after the second Kingsman film was released.

Back
Top Bottom