SOTD: Saturday 20 April - Friday 26 April 2024.

SOTD Wed 24 Apr 2024

A quack, shave
8A6C2962-1B18-4BA7-950F-81B99A7CB15B.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green bowl
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Brush - DSCosmetic G7 synthetic
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Gillette 7o’clock Permasharp Stainless (1)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Forest Fresh ASL
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - Mastermind Vintage EDT

Really good midweek shave tonight, blade nice for first time outing, great razor and brush and keep forgetting how good the Palmolive is. Feel good, smell good, all good.

FCFDE0CB-EF3B-437C-AF67-CF2EAC008DE2.jpeg
We chased a duck in the park this morning, this bird was totally cool with being chased by a daft dog. It kept letting her get within a foot then it would flap 10 yards further on and start waddling along the path again. This went on for most of the park (about half a mile) then it got bored and flapped off into the trees. By this time Woofles was completely demented. She’s been physically and emotionally trashed for the rest of the day!

SOTD: 25th April 2024.

40.jpg
Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1470.
Face Lather.
Lather: Arko Shave Stick.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D4)
Razor: Yaqi DOC Mellon Razor Head./Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Comfort After Shave -Cologne./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Another close acceptable shave to finish my shaving week.

My shaving highlight of the week, and so far this year has been my reacquaintance with the Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone & Dorco Prime Platinum blade which is a fantastic duo.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

IMG_4916.jpeg
SOTD: 23/04/2024

Razor: Wolfman WR1 0.86mm
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 1st use
Brush: Highlander 2023 TSR Limited Edition Yaqi Tuxedo Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Balm: Seaforth! Spice Lime Aftershave Toner Lotion
Fragrance: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Eau de Toilette

IMG_4923.jpeg
SOTD: 24/04/2024

Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 2nd use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Nanny’s Silly Soap Moroccan Sands Croap
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Eau de Toilette EdT

IMG_4926.jpeg
SOTD: 25/04/2024

Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 3rd use
Brush: Highlander Forest G2 APshave Co G5C
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Murphy & Mcneil Magh Tured Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Woody Oud EdP

What a difference a blade makes! I don’t think I have ever used a razor where the blade has made such a significant change on a shave. The first few days with the Astra were good and obviously my first three uses of getting used to the razor, but the addition of the Polsilver was just magic! From the off it felt smoother and no irritation to my sensitive neck area, it was the most BBS shave I’ve ever had with a DE, it its absolutely on the line of glass smooth without veering to skin scraping or too aggressive. Absolutely sublime! Many thanks @ekeko

Thursday 25th April
GEM Micromatic Clog-pruf - GEM Stainless #7 - DScosmetic T4 Synthetic - Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000018203-01.jpg

Another top level shave!
First time using the soap and although the scent is long gone (assuming there ever was one) it produced a really dense lather easily. The laurel soap helps a great deal with prep, too; often turning a very good shave into an excellent shave with the extra slip and smoothness.

My Plastic Shave was in storage for ages and I missed it!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue/Med Prep
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Aleppo Soap 70% laurel
Lather: Boots Shaving Stick (1970s/80s?)
Aftershave: Myrsol Plastic Shave
IMG_20240425_080237~2.jpg

Thursday 25 April

Been using the OREN this week, big thanks to Lee, @LeeMaz. I tried different ac blades, Schick and Feather pro and have to say that the Schick just edged it for me, pardon the pun. Both blades achieve bbs finish but the Schick requires less sweeps to give a smooth finish, so yeah, more efficient I would say. Using the OREN regularly this week has quickly allowed a familiarity in use and application, so yes, a brilliant razor, even with its quirky handle.
Gillette Standard brush with recent synthetic re knot and LEA soap completed a fine shave combo.
Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0585.jpeg

25 April

PAA Future Fiction
Simpson Chubby 2
ES Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Proraso Sensitive balm
Dior Sauvage

IMG_0980.jpeg
The fresh Feather that was destined for my ATT wound up in my Feather only Claymore, so I used it for this morning’s shave. In combination with a glorious PAA lather it produced a comfortable, close and very smooth two pass shave. Good stuff.
NB. A closer inspection of my poorly aligned SE1 head, yesterday, showed slight damage to the baseplate causing the top cap to skew every time it was tightened down. Reluctantly, binned the head but retained the rather nice aluminium handle.

SOTD: 25/04/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 3rd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Taylor Of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Collection Cream
Aftershave: Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy this Thursday!

25/04/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1 Best Badger
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - Hone 15S
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Wk 17 (6).jpg
The handle is becoming more familiar and it now feels safe in the hand. I do think with a bit practice i could get a BBS finish from 2 passes with this Razor/Blade combo. The shaves also have longevity.
I am looking forward to trying other blades in the Hone over the next couple of months.
I think i am smitten with it :love:.
Enjoy your day all.

Last night's shave which arrives in old English play format and so themed, 'Shakespeare and his Merry shaves of Windsor'

20240424_180814.jpg

A midsummer's razor - Occams Enoch
The Merchant of Menace - Schick Proline
MacBrush - PAA Peregrino
Much ado about soap - Penhaligons Bayolea
The taming of the skin - Simple moisturiser
The Merry scents of Windsor - Extro Arzachena
The not a comedy of errors - Me

'Alas poor Yorick. Thou did warn thee of the trials and tribulations of shaveth with a razor of straight edge'

A shave based loosely on the play 'Enoch' by the little known Arthur Shakespeare, William's third mother's second cousin twice removed (from life and persistently returning), great great aunties middle child of two.

We open to the changing of the shave in a rather cramped bathroom where a ghostly apparition has made its presence be known on several occasions. A mysterious lady has been know to demand bathroom space many times during the Winter of discomfort where some dodgy pork and a lack of toilet tissue has lead to regular bowl movements and panic. Rumours are abound this ghostly appearance may well be a lady in desperation for the lavatory....

ACT 1
⟨Scene 1⟩
Enter Bernard and Frank, two of the shaving community.

Bernard : Who’s there?
Franky : Nay, answer me. Shave and remove your bearded face.
Bernard : Long live the shave. And the king!
Franky : Bernard? Hurrah hurrah for shaving. Gillette Kings are testicular by the way
Bernard : He.
Franky : He? What reply of sorts does thou consider He? It meaneth Jack excrement to me. You shave most carefully upon your hour.
Bernard : ’Tis now struck six. Get thee to the sink you, you, you Franky person
Franky : For this facial relief much thanks. ’Tis bitter cold this water, and I am sick at heart for I cannot lather.
Bernard : Have you shaveth well this day?
Franky : Not a hair remaineth
Bernard : Well, a good shave thou had.
If you do meet Fellatio and Marcellus
the rivals of my shaving, bid them a bad time with their razors.

Enter Fellatio and Marcellus.

Franky : I think I hear them.—Stand ho! Who shaves there?
Fellatio: Friends to this ground. And we bring our good fellow, Enoch the blade
Marcellus : liegemen to the Dane.
Franky : Give you good night. May I ask, what be a liegeman?
Marcellus :O farewell, honest ⟨soldier.⟩ Who hath relieved you? Just some chap who has liege. And don't ask what is a.....
Franky : Bernard hath my razor Give you good night and a good lathering

Franky exits.

Marcellus : Hola, Barnardo.
Bernard : Say, what, is there? Are we now speaking Spanish? Alvarez Gomez anyone
Fellatio : piece of him.
Bernard : Welcome, Fellatio.—Welcome, good Marcellus and may your shaves be most excellent. Party on dude.
(Enter Bill and Ted)
Fellatio : Who is this Enoch thing that has appeared again tonight?
Bernard : I have seen nothing, except this mighty fine razor in which the blade falls out occasionally
Marcellus : Fellatio says ’tis but our fantasy
and will not let the cursed brush take hold of him.Touching this dreaded brush has seen two goals pass our net from those evils cloaked in blue. Therefore I have entreated him with the Peregrino to make a shave more comforting of this night. That, if again this curse shall lift above he may approve our washroom and shave with more faith.
Fellatio : Tush, tush, ’twill not appear, but though does question your words and what they actually mean. Thou speaketh in gibberish
Bernard : Sit down awhile, and let us once again assail your ears that are so fortified against our story, what we have two nights of SOTD's seen.
Fellatio :Well, sit we down and let us hear Bernard speak of this.
Bernard : Last night of all when yond same soap that’s westward from the barber pole
had made his course t’ illume that part of face where now it burns, Marcellus and myself, the bell end then beating one self...

Enter a ghost

Marcellus : Ah testicles to this one, thou speaketh shiteus and one shall go and take a fine bit of sink time in the ladies room. This evening will not bide well and will end with those Otoboketh Beaverum ladies and their music from the depths of depravity. Which soundeth to my ears with blessings. I bid you a fine evening my fellow shavateers.

As it is I failed my O'level in English Literature (not difficult in my case) as I refused to learn an uneconomical form of English where words were involved in a breeding process. The grammatical equivalent of, 'going to your local Co-Op via Glasgow' (which obviously doesn't ring true if you do actually live in Glasgow). God damn it, no! After all I was brought up in the mining villages of South Yorkshire where English was considered a waste of breath and 'going to your local Co-Op via Glasgow' was more 'G' t' Cp'. Or the 'T'Cworp' as my mother would say.

If you have managed to get this far then well done, but of I was you I'd have just looked at the opening photo then skipped to the compulsory Japanese ladies at the end. But.....

The question though is, did you shave or just here to scribble some old twaddle? Both.

After a number of superb shaves with the Bayolea, out in comes again to prove its worth. The cursed brush can remain in the cupboard until I can find time to take it to the local church for a blessing. And perhaps a shave while there being as there is a nice sink in the building.

The Enoch has well shown itself to be a top notch razor on my an occasion, this time out being no different. Quick (Quicker than it is taking to throw this lot together), accurate and incredibly efficient. Neither did the blade fall out. A big plus.

Altogether a shave of Shakespearean proportions and shorter than having to endure a number of tedious hours to arrive at, 'and they all lived happily ever after'.

It is but that moment where you are to enjoy the pleasuring of some fair maidens from a country far to the East. Tis but those Otoboketh Beaverum....

And now it is time to leave this SOTD and in the final words of Revelations, 'Thou shall fuckest off'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom