SOTD: Saturday January 28 - Friday 3 February 2023.

30/01/23
Comparison Shave #2
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB, Lambda Athena
Blade - Personna Med Prep x 2
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
Wk 05 (3).JPGLambda 3.jpg
So today the Athena was given a run out against the Karve Stainless - a particular favourite of mine. Both Razors sporting Personna Med prep blades.
A easy face lather today from the "Fat" and Mühle Synth - all going well so far.
Today the Athena on the right and Karve on the left.
The WTG pass was very straight forward for both razors, i think understand what Chris @Satanfriendly was relaying in "Chat" today i was noticing light audio feedback throughout the shave. The blade is held very securely though making it a very smooth shaver. After the 1st pass i have to call it a draw, both sides feeling very similar and very comfortable.
I went to lather up again, my mind not on point, the brush slipped out of my hand and bounced off the sink, Bugger! its only knocked a big chip from the base rim of the handle :confused:, sink and floor tiles OK (that's 2 brushes i have chips in now, i will get the Dremel out and try to sort them). I will have to put it out of my mind for now.
Onto the shave:- 2nd pass ATG, again they matched each other stroke for stroke, on the face check, again they feel very similar, its going to be a close call.
Again i did an XTG pass with both razors finishing with a very comfortable BBS finish.
A nice post shave routine and no indication from the splash.
I think i have to call it a draw, although, maybe as i am still very smitten with the Athena i enjoyed using it a little more.
Both very nice razors.
Butterfingers didn't help today, a great brush as well :cry:.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Seems that by missing Shaves my skin seems to be getting quite dry, so today did a follow up to yesterdays.Again had a good prewash with a glycerine based soap, and the L’Occitane provided a decent lather. The Shave was very comfortable with a reasonable finish, but more importantly the skin felt refreshed and not dry.

While I much prefer dry-feeling skin when it tuns to dry and irritable I find a lather with a one of those animal milk based soaps does the trick, something like Savonniere du Moulin. That, or a good old lanolin soap - you know the best of those!

SOTD 20230130 Blasone by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Oumo Classic White, Brown Tip Synth, 30x50mm
  • Soap: Erasmic Shaving Stick 50g / Weleda Rasiercreme
  • Razor: Henson Shaving AL13 V1 Medium Dual Tone RBR 2020
  • Blade: Bolzano Super Inox #6
  • After: Weleda Rasierwasser Vor und Nach
  • Frag: Myrurgia Flor de Blasón EDT Vapo
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #3017 #ShavingSoap #WIP
UoRbAuz.jpeg

Full size: Soundtrack: Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze

Open your heart to the Fat, and you will be rewarded.

The Fat is with you my friend, as it has always been and will always will be.

I hope you are well Mike.
Thanks mate yes i’m ok
just partied hard over the weekend
not a good move after a 14 hour shift
but that’s me all over
can’t wait to get to work for a bit of normality lol
Take Care

Monday 30 January

I decided to mobilise the RazoRock Lupo DC into action, although to keep the SB theme alive I just used the SB edge. I have been using an RK stainless blade and so far it‘s been consistently excellent but today on 5th use it’s fallen sharply off the cliff. Not blunt as such but now requiring too many passes to get an acceptable finish. Not a problem as I have about 100 RK blades :)

Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood teamed up with my Culmak Spartan synthetic produced a super creamy and luxurious scented and lasting lather. I love this soap.
Two passes and pick ups didn’t quite get the job done with the duff blade, particularly the under chin area, so I pulled out the trusty Mercur cartridge and carried out a final polish for a nice comfortable shave to start the week.
Have a great week fellas!

790EA6A1-4BC7-4220-9BFE-1C846B1D5A9D.jpeg

Slim still loaded with the Wizamet blade.
DG Apogee - I've previously used my boar or badger brushes, but after using my PAA synth today realised that the softer brush style works better with this soap.
2 passes (7.6), pick-ups under the chin, very respectable finish.
Good start to the week.
Hope everyone enjoys the same.

Attachments

• 20230130_101758.jpg
    20230130_101758.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 5
Culmak Spartan synthetic ...

Certainly, I'm not saying you're wrong ... more that I'm curious. The Culmak brushes that I've encountered have lined/grooved bases while those produced at the same sorta time by Vulfix under the Coronet brand have smooth bases. What does it say on the bottom?

Little hint about the Coronet in this thread: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/british-made-piggy-reknot.55247/

Nice reknot nevertheless!

AMWts8CnDzlu7pu2Py-nPN8Cgnr6gtu6tC8EAd-QNRMnE2QG5u9V20jjCIkZdD2Pd0ToVm9o5SAg-6UJtZ_qAifkFDDjqxAtmAu5Zh5CqWB9XSjT9od43SXZvj_1z8NevO7N54md-Cn-w2SmvgC1nXwvXxZVTQ=w1200

Culmak original and reknot from the left
Vulfix/Coronet reknots from the right
Modern Vulfix in the middle

30/1/23

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Palmolive Stick
Brush - Yaqi Cashmere
Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom New
Blade - Statum Platinum Chrome (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Brut Oceans

Absolutely delightful shave, I think the SPC might have been on it's best for today's shave, great shave in the Gillette New, and lovely lather with the Palmolive Stick.

Have a good start to the week gents.

IMG_20230130_122405.jpg

Absolutely delightful shave, I think the SPC might have been on it's best for today's shave, great shave in the Gillette New, and lovely lather with the Palmolive Stick.

Likewise, my (rare) 4th run yesterday felt to be the best of them. To be frank, I think it's first run is a mere nick below the par of the remainder of the shaves ... all of which are consistently good. I rated 9.5 9.9 9.9 and 10.

SOTD 20230130 Blasone by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Oumo Classic White, Brown Tip Synth, 30x50mm
  • Soap: Erasmic Shaving Stick 50g / Weleda Rasiercreme
  • Razor: Henson Shaving AL13 V1 Medium Dual Tone RBR 2020
  • Blade: Bolzano Super Inox #6
  • After: Weleda Rasierwasser Vor und Nach
  • Frag: Myrurgia Flor de Blasón EDT Vapo
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #3017 #ShavingSoap #WIP
UoRbAuz.jpeg

Full size: Soundtrack: Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze
Yea I love my Henson razor and I have the same combo colour which I call the Spiderman Henson lol

Second shave with this particular Rotbart blade.
It was a good blade on its first go in the Super Adjustable and it's a good blade on its second run in the Popular 45. It is still very sharp even after a thorough second shave.

The Monsavon Vetyver has a complex and delicate Vetyver scent. Lots of other stuff going on there which I can't identify but like a lot. Performance is very good; I will dig out my MdC Lavender for comparison but I think it's the same and I think some of the floral or herbal notes are in both too.

I find the Proraso Wood and Spice cologne to be very strong. I like it but it's not a favourite, and I won't knock a mark off the score as I chose to use it and knew what it was like.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Popular No. 45
Blade: Rotbart Extra Dunn (ZAO Petersburg)
Brush: Unknown black resin synthetic(?) brush
Lather: Martin de Candre Vetyver
Aftershave: Proraso Wood & Spice cologne https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63d8099d9c1da4081f7ceef3

PXL_20230130_122525251.jpg

Back
Top Bottom