SOTD: Saturday January 28 - Friday 3 February 2023.

C804914C-969A-4E67-8AFA-295F7AC71EF2.jpeg
SOTD: 29/01/2023

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Aqua Highmountain Silvertip Badger
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Løthur Calm Croap
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Eau de Toilette

A super Sunday shave, spot on from start to finish.

Sunday 29th January

AMWts8Cvho9TWIjcBNoqP4Ey-8w109EiQE5GGGE0jqY9wR0kCJF2I2VLpOESvnuh_AZEUywwyOPkxNWdQZW013FgpHXm7r6mB8gV1PK8YxdWMHdqf9vZbc7RE8E81spvmFU-NS_YzbuieQk1SK7bHGZsJeQcLA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Omega Crema da Barba Shaving Soap & Omega Tricolore Pure Bristle
Gillette Ranger Tech & Statum Platinum Chrome (4)
Denim Original (Vintage) Aftershave

I put this Statum Platinum Chrome back to back with the benchmark SuperMax Blue Diamond Super Platinum and concluded that I enjoyed the Statum more ... and by quite a margin.

So, I popped it into a classier razor for one last hurrah! Yes, I have a good number of the 100 that I bought left and good job ... I suspect it could surpass even my favourite blade, the Treet Platinum.

Sunday 29th January

AMWts8Cvho9TWIjcBNoqP4Ey-8w109EiQE5GGGE0jqY9wR0kCJF2I2VLpOESvnuh_AZEUywwyOPkxNWdQZW013FgpHXm7r6mB8gV1PK8YxdWMHdqf9vZbc7RE8E81spvmFU-NS_YzbuieQk1SK7bHGZsJeQcLA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Omega Crema da Barba Shaving Soap & Omega Tricolore Pure Bristle
Gillette Ranger Tech & Statum Platinum Chrome (4)
Denim Original (Vintage) Aftershave

I put this Statum Platinum Chrome back to back with the benchmark SuperMax Blue Diamond Super Platinum and concluded that I enjoyed the Statum more ... and by quite a margin.

So, I popped it into a classier razor for one last hurrah! Yes, I have a good number of the 100 that I bought left and good job ... I suspect it could surpass even my favourite blade, the Treet Platinum.

High praise indeed for the SPC!

29/01/2023

Razor: Aylsworth Drakkant (+)
Blade: Gillette London Bridge
(2)
Brush: Maseto Silvertip 30mm
Soap: Wholly Kaw Fougere Bouquet

20230129_200238.jpg

I wasn't sure on the scent of the soap from the tub but it's beautiful once lathered.

This shave with the + plate was more settled. I was able to undertake the shave on autopilot until I got to my neck. I really like the look of this razor. It's still not quite the two pass wonder I'm looking for but it's got 'soul'.

This evening's time spent at the sink brought with it a shave themed, 'Silence of the Lambda'

20230129_172159.jpg

Hannibal Razor - Lambda Athena
Buffalo Blade - Feather
Clarice Brushing - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Friendly Soapapath - Floris Elite
Dr Fragrance Chilton - Floris Elite
'Shave? In this?'

A second ride out with the Athena just to check out my initial thoughts from last night. And my second thoughts are......'Cor blimey guv, life only gets betta', to be uselessly London about it.

An even more spectacular facial ride and even more flawless than it was flawless last night. Impressed. One thing I didn't mention last night is the feedback this razor delivers. It chats away quite merrily (ask the pillow) just to make sure you know it is doing something.

The antithesis to my granddaughters who chat away incessantly because they're not doing anything. Beware of the silence. It is not quite the Rocnel Elite which gives feedback long after there is anything left to remove, but more an assured bit of chatting. The lamb is silent when the job is done.

So again an impressive turn out from the new kit on the block and a damn fine finish of the first order.

A wonderful bit of lathering from the Wee Whiskey Barrel and the Floris and a whisp of the Elite EDC to just add that final touch.

Super

Have a super week ahead and I leave you with a super song from that super bunch of ladies. The Beaver

And don't forget. I love you all

SOTD 20230129 Blasone by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: BSB2 by Dr Dulcamara, Barcelona Shaving Brushes,
    Polished Aluminium, Finest HD, 25x50x90mm, 84g
  • Soap: Erasmic Shaving Stick 50g
  • Razor: Jaguar Solingen Orca 3807 Long Blade
  • Blade: Jaguar Solingen JT3 Orca Lunghe #15
  • After: Clubman Pinaud Country Aftershave Lotion
  • Frag: Myrurgia Flor de Blasón EDT Vapo
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #3017 #ShavingSoap #WIP
RVRvANh.jpeg

Soundtrack: Vojta Nýdl - Jin a jang

mijWns9.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango
Razor: Gillette Black Beauty
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (7)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Cella Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Boellis Panama 1924 EdT

Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango is perfect for the hot Australian summer. Such a great soap and scent.

SOTD 30-Jan
20230113_122300.jpg
Brush: M7
Soap: NO Plunder
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: Proline (7)

Decent shave this morning, more in terms of scent than a perfect finish, opting for the stronger smoky scent of the Plunder vs the Granuaile. Happy enough with the finish, curious as to how long these blades tend to go, starting to feel like it might not be quite as fresh.

Still an acceptable and ready for the day. Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
SOTD: 30/01/2023

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Platinum, 2nd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Blue Prebeard Cream
Soap: Proraso Blue Cream
Aftershave: Fine Barber Blue Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Blue Balm

Going on a bit of a cream theme this week. Starting with one of my Proraso creams and working my way through them one a day.

B9587BB0-C672-4820-ABC7-0637A7FE0B24.jpeg

SOTD: 30/01/2023

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Platinum, 2nd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Blue Prebeard Cream
Soap: Proraso Blue Cream
Aftershave: Fine Barber Blue Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Blue Balm

Going on a bit of a cream theme this week. Starting with one of my Proraso creams and working my way through them one a day.

View attachment 99761
Have you tried Floid Blue aftershave? My bottle is coming to an end and I was wondering if the Fine Blue aftershave you used smells a lot like it? @shiny

Back
Top Bottom