Your worst purchase?

Avionyx said:
Scswalex said:
I brought a rather attractive 'Gillemme' razor recently from eBay - didn't really read it properly and rather think it would take the skin off your face - so haven't used it yet and probably won't! At least it was cheap!

Anyone fancy trying a gillemme razor?

Gillemme? Now my interest is piqued, any pics? I like aggressive!

Alex

Sorry but can get seem to upload a photo but pm me your address and its yours! Just don't expect me to take any responsibility for the blood!
Simon

Erasmic stick. Old formula, new formula, supreme formula - all smelt like musty old rugby boots with essence of cat piss.

I missed out buying the legendary Jewel blades but some mysteriously arrived from Surrey anyway...

Parker 90R Razor... I was lucky and got one with even blade exposure (approximately a scimitar on both sides) but that doesn't take away from the doors pinging off in multiple directions if you overtighten the knob....

hunnymonster said:
Erasmic stick. Old formula, new formula, supreme formula - all smelt like musty old rugby boots with essence of cat piss.

I actually don't mind the smell, sweet monster. It's better than blarko, Palmsweatolive & Stinkinson Sword but performance wise, Erasmic is the opposite of orgasmic.

Now if I'd shelled out for a full bottle of Cat Pishana instead of just a sample, I'd have been mightily vexed. When I visited my fierce old Granny Fraser, that's what Loanhead Hospital smelt like - Pashana. The scent of old folks & urine with fresh flowers and air freshener only making it worse. Gagtastic.....:blank:

Although i mentioned Neale's soap earlier on my worst purchase to date had to be a new standard i bought 18'ish months ago it was late at night and i'd been after one for a bit but when it arrived i found all the teeth had been removed by the previous owner but it didn't cost me a lot and after a bit of tinkering i turned it into an old type....

No idea if i had to hazzard a guess a few had broken off and someone though it would woork better if they were all removed i asked the seller about it and they had no idea and thought that was how they came as that was how he found it but was nice enough to give me a refund..

When I was a newbie I bought a puck of Williams shave soap whilst on holiday in America, it only cost 98c, the performance was manageable but the smell was truly awful, a bit like citronella candles but worse!

Mmm.... probably the worst soap I have tried was an Ogallala stick. The scent was nice and I usually got a decent lather, but the shaving properties were simply horrible... It was almost like shaving without any soap and it dried my skin significantly.

I threw it away to rubbish

Cheers

I had one of these actually - "smart" it was called. Didn't like the smell of the others and this one had a very light scent. Was more like bath soap for its lathering ability. I mixed it with glycerin with some success then got fed up with it.

Back
Top Bottom