Your worst purchase?

ChopperHarris said:
SuperChrome said:
Oh well, it's available cheap in supermarkets so if it gets more people into real shaving then it's all good!

No - that's the whole point! They want to steer you away from real shaving and get people buying Hydro Gel and 5 blade razors. It's a subtle anti-marketing ploy :D

If you look to the right of it, there's normally a palmolive stick. At 50p it's much cheaper, and much better too. Ignore the blue, and the canned shite! Hehe.

Sm304 said:
Dobbo25 said:
A Feather AS-D1

Surely there has been worse than that? If the worst come to the worst you could put it on the mantle piece and look at it. It is very pretty! :)

Scott.
It might look nice but IMO a complete waste of money and believe me, one of my worst ever purchases.
If I pay £30 for a razor and its rubbish, its only a £30 razor.
If I pay £160 for a razor and I can get a better shave from a Tech, then it is definitely my worst ever purchase.
At least I never lost any money on it.

Bestshave shaving brush no6. It came with glue inside the knot, so it definitely doesn't give me the performance as it famed for and also a Frank Shaving silvertip just fell apart, but lucky I got refunded and I glued the thing back together.

GorbalsRazor said:
Helveticum said:
Derby blades

You just have to remember that Derby blades aren't shipped shave ready, they have to be honed before use. :-D

See, I was under the assumption that Derby blades weren't so hot for most people. My experience with em was .........uneven shall we say. Heh, yeah, there can sometimes be quality control issues.

Now it turns out there's a whole Derby system, at least according to Johnus. Seems that the blade performs best when using both the Derby cream and soap to make a Turkish superlather.

There now, I hope that explains things,

Martin

Heh, maybe that poor old coot Johnus will stop by and go into detail.

Bowl trouble.
I was on the lookout for an 'objet d'art' lather bowl and The Bay of E had (from China) a pure bone 5" bowl - nicely engraved for about £20. that'll look good next to the sink in the en suite I thought and pressed the Buy Now Button.
Almost 3 weeks later it arrived - I have to say it looked just like it did on the photos but OMG the stink of chemicals from it was eye watering, exposure to the fumes after 30 mins would knock my appetite out for the rest of the day. Either they treated it with the entire periodic table or it had been used already in an alchemists lair - a simply god awful stench - I've had it passively vapping off on the boiler in the garage for the last couple of weeks and the drop in odour has only just started.

But I will have a funky bowl one day......just not that one.

:-(

Oh and that razor oil I'm trying out is pure unadulterated toss only partway through its road test looking at prolonging blade life. Mind you It did a god job on my son's bicycle chain yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom