Your ultimate YMMV moment

Things that were better than reviews implied:

Lush Prince Shave Cream (latherless) - but I still won't be buying more!
Erasmic Bristle Brush

Less than impressed:
Tabac (although that's due to a skin reaction)
Sputnik blades

Canuck said:
Lilac Vegetal - Ditto

I thought "the Veg" was universally sneered at for being a right ripe pong and requiring a special kind of person to appreciate it ... as in someone who usually smells of wee and just needs a light rotting floral note to accompany?

I thought it was on the odd side for a person to find its inner qualities :D

Ooh! I've got another one ...

Kouros. Flip me! What a stink!*

* and I actually like Eucris and the Veg, preferably one after the other.

Gillette Wilkinson sword blades, I bought some on a whim and Absolutely love them. Gillette new oc, had 2 now and just cannot get on with them yet the old type and new improved are both excellent. Ymmv indeed

IanM said:
Cartridge razors. Never caused me any great hassle before I started using a brush, and now cause me even less.

The way that some people talk about them you'd think that they'd fell out of Satan's arse pipe.

Ian

This, the irritation I used to get on my neck was form not paying attention to the direction of growth and using gel from a can. I'm sure I could get a great shave from a sensor excel now but I'll stick with my slant.

Buying loads of soaps and creams, there are plenty available in shops cheaply that do the job. I can't be bothered to spend time and money on trying different ones and having them taking up space. At the moment I have a Boots shave stick and that's it.

gazza said:
Bay rum, I just don't like the smell.

I second that. I got a sample bottle of Ogallala bay rum cologne the other day and it certainly isn't for me. I don't see what all the fuss is about regarding Astra SP blades either. They caused the most irritation out of any blade I've used so far.

My UYMMV moment (ultimate ymmv) was when i realised how much better is face lathering compare to the mug biz and how much better is to do the first pass ATG compare with usual prescribed WtG. Works for me with an oc razor.ymmv oc

Merkur and new / German made Wilkinson sword DE blades- they both get a bad rap for being rough as a badger's arse but I quite like them. Not in my top five but I'll happily shave with either.

Back
Top Bottom