Your ultimate YMMV moment

YMMV - often quoted in these threads so I thought it'd be fun to see if people have had experiences with particular shaving gear that has gone wildly against popular perception and proved YMMV true.

Mine is the sub-£2 Ninjie Razor - Gives me a good shave and I really like it. I've read other threads were people have binned it within seconds!

L'Occitane shaving cream. I'm using it at the moment and really like it despite reading quite a few bad reviews about it. And Gillette 365 razor blades, which I really like.

I've got a lovely working relationship with my Cobra and Feather blades - In spite of this being uniformly described as a very unforgiving and aggressive set up I can fwap away like a good 'un - its my closest and quickest shave of anything I use.

That said I cut my lip yesterday going too fast - my worst nick ever - I look like I was punched in the mouth :-(

Ratty

Al H said:
Gillette new OC

Try as I might I can't get on with it

+1
Really wanted to like it but it wasn't to be. To me it felt "jumpy", harsh and dangerous; even more so than the R41 2013.

Also, never really understood why Feather blades are revered almost universally. Just seems like an overpriced sharp blade to me; prefer Sputniks anytime.

merkur r39 'beast','slant sledghammer', 'not for the faint hearted' and'only for the most experienced'...what a lot of tosh! i am no beginner but i am a sausage fingered clot, finesse is not a quality people use when describing me! i found this razor to be substantial but not agressive at all. i have used derby,feather,astra sp and rapira blades in it and have had only one minor nick in the two and a bit months i have had it (under my ear lobe-my shaving achilles heel) minor perfomance variation from different blades but overall very user freindly. ymmv? i wish my car was as good!

Back
Top Bottom