Your Top 3 DE Blades ?

1. Gillette Nacet Stainless (this has recently moved to the top of my list)
2. Polsilver SI
3. Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (aka 7 O'Clock Black)
... closely followed by Personna Lab/Med and Perma-Sharp Super

Last edited:
Actually those Indian Gillette/Wilkinson saloon blades aren't bad at all. Especially as the batch I bought cost £4.99 for 100 including delivery :)

1. Lab Blue
2. Sputnik
3. Russian Permasharp/Rapira Swedish Supersteel

Of course if one may include vintage blades then the late English Wilkie goes to the top and the Gillette Swede would also feature.

1. Gillette Silver Blue
2. Voshkod
3. Personna Med Prep / Super

However, just to complicate matters, some blades work well in some razors but not in others. Sputniks are fine in a Merkur Progress but not in any other DE I've tried. Silver Blues are a bit much in a R41, but Permasharps are great in that razor but lacking in my Weber.

It's all VERY personal and you'll only know but your own trial and error. I actually keep a couple of blades I don't like and try them in new razors: Kai and Feathers are great in a 37c but hateful in all the other razor I've used them in ...

Well I am a newbie and so far of the ones I have tried
1. Rapira SS
2. Voskhod
3. Ladas
To be honest tho I haven't found anything that was bad. Pol Silver was my first shave and it was a bloodbath but that was down to me not knowing how to shave. Even Derby seemed ok to tho they only lasted 1 or 2 shaves.

A rough and ready count of the scores on the doors (3 points for a 1st pick, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd)

Gillette Silver Blue - 25pts
Polsilver SI - 24pts
Voskhod - 17pts
Personna Lab/Med Prep - 14pts
Feather Hi-Stainless - 13pts
Rapira Swedish Super Steel - 12pts

Please just treat this as an indicator as it is not entirely scientific. I made a couple of assumptions:
Personna labs and Meds are the same
Where more than one option given I have just used the first written down and ignored 4th, 5th etc

Back
Top Bottom