Your opinions on a handle please?

I don't know if that would be possible with the equipment I have, although it has given me a similair idea. I could use the screw cutting gears to cut a spiral into the piece, but from memory the spirals would still be pretty close together though. But I will have an bit of experimentation to see what I can do.

daz

n1vlo said:
looking good....the proportions on the meuhle handle looks nice...i would prefer a more concave flute at the end where it attaches to head...and a tail end like the bottom one of the hex shaft

I hope you mean the concave bit is like the one at the bottom of the following picture?
Or something similair at least.

[attachment=5496]

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 55
daz said:
I don't know if that would be possible with the equipment I have, although it has given me a similar idea. I could use the screw cutting gears to cut a spiral into the piece, but from memory the spirals would still be pretty close together though. But I will have an bit of experimentation to see what I can do.

Sounds very promising! I will send you a PM.

This will be the last time I add more handles to this post. I will soon be outting them in the vendor section and a wee website shall soon be in operation with all the handles that will soon be available to forum members.

I have managed at long last to add some knurled stainless handles to the collection. I don't have time right now to measure and weigh them but I will try and do that later on tonight. All I can tell you just now is that they are all 16mm diameter.

[attachment=5530]

I shall be in touch with the members who have already contacted me via pm.

Attachments

• stainless knurl.jpg
    stainless knurl.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 72
Thanks for the comments guys!

The latest three are made from stainless steel, it's been a bit of a battle to get the knurling done to a decent standard. I don't have weights and lengths written down yet but I think they are around 70, 90 and 100mm long. At a guess they will range between 100 and 140 grams. Next week I will hopefully have some 13mm diameter hadles, as well as some more 16mm, both with diamond and straight knurling done on them, all stainless. I am away for a few days as of tomorrow, taking my daughter camping for the weekend for her birthday and will hopefully teach her to cast her first fly line as well. I might not be about much for the next few days but if any of you want any of the handles in these posts, or want any modifications or additions made to them feel free to pm me, or email me at jechandles@btinternet.com
As I said above I should have a wee website up shortly, it will have prices and pics of handles. Don't pay too much attention to the prices though, TSR members will be getting a discount.

cheers

daz

I've just used the first handle in this thread.

The only razor I have that is compatible is the Weber ARC, I must be some more razors with suitable heads ;)

So, The first picture is of my ARC with it's Weber Bulldog handle, the second picture is with daz's handle on my ARC. The photos are the same size so you can see the comparison in the handles.

ARC.jpg

ARC-MOD.jpg

I have to be honest I wasn't sure what to expect. I prefer shorter handles, having quite small hands so was a bit worried about this. For examply I like my Slim Adjustable, and my Fatboy, but can't get on with my Super Adjustable as the handle is too long.

The first thing to say is with the handle on the razor it looks splended, and the weight is excellent as well, it feels really well balanced.

I had my first shave with it yesterday, and found the length of the handle wasn't a problem at all, perhaps it actually made the shave even easier. The weight of the handle was certainly nice, and made it feel even more effortless gliding the razor over my face.

I'm certainly impressed, and with all these new models coming on line I can see my adding a few handles to my collection in the near future.

The postman just dropped well big thud on our wooden floor a stainless handle-Monster of a handle made by daz it weighs in at a whopping 116g and when combined with a EJ head comes in at a massive 148g, I have taken a photo of it next to ikon handle so you can see the scale of it.
The workmanship is top and I can not see any faults with it and I'm sure the shave will be a lot of fun as the handle will do all the work and all I will have to do is guide it as for the grade of steel you would have to ask the man himself but I'm sure at worlds end there will be the cockroaches and this handle left standing
[attachment=5544][attachment=5543][attachment=5542]

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 68
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 55
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 48
Back