Your Broadband speed?

This is a general question for those of you who don't have fibre optic broadband, I've been with Sky for years I've always found the customer care and their Broadband service to be excellent I have a constant 18.59 Mb/s what kind of speeds are you getting?

On a good day, with the wind behind me, I can get 50+Mbps. Generally, though, 45-50Mbps is more representative.

I'm on Unlimited BT Infinity 2.

EDIT - Test result today is pretty good:
4636838624.png

... and this evening:
4637460906.png

4637903629.png

Last edited:
been on fibre here for a couple of months now, i was first in village to be connected and got a lovely 76Mbps, now others have connected im around 45Mbps. Also on Unlimited BT Infinity 2

I'm with Plusnet, have been for years and I really enjoy being able to speak to someone in England when there's an issue, which there hasn't been since there was a local BT exchange fault. When I lived on the other side of the train line (200meters as the crow flies) I was getting around 2mb/sec, now I'm getting a stable 13.3mb/sec. Did I notice the difference? Not really, and I do a lot of work from home. Everything is done through some SSH tunnels, but I can't out-type 2mb/sec, let alone 13mb/sec. Upstream increased from around 200kbit/sec to 1mb/sec, too.

It would make no difference to the speed if I switched ADSL provider, the only difference would be (at this price point) if I were to switch to VirginMedia as that would be coaxial and probably faster up and downstream.

Conversations on speeds make me a bit baud :)

BT. No outages, no issues ... but, in the styx so ... up to 2.5 Mbps officially, rarely breech 2.0 if I do a SpeedTest. In fact, let's do one ...

While it looks like it's probably unusable, browsing ticks along at a decent pace, I can watch YouTube videos, I work from home using a VMWare Horizon Client and can run Lync calls over it. We get NO mobile signal either, so EE gave us one of those booster boxes which runs via the broadband router, too, so lots of stuff going down that tiny pipe.

Infinity was briefly offered for my number, which I guess was either cancelled due to over-subscription or perhaps it just didn't perform, but I decided the cost increase was not worth it - I can do all I want to as is.

BT Infinity 2 here.

Normal speed around 70 Mb/s. No issues at all, the only issues I get are usually with their Customer "care". We are on the outskirts of Bideford with rolling fields just over the road, but the fibre box is just around the corner.

Talk Talk medium fibre gets me just under 38Mbps, but it took me four months of wrangling with endless technicians on the subcontinent and two engineers visits to get it working properly. It hovered between 2 and 7Mbps until the second engineer discovered some below spec wiring in my flat that the first had missed.
Good job I don't have much hair to tear out...

Back
Top Bottom