Yet more Treet variants

That was a potentially confusing piece of information, wasn't it? I know I jumped straight in and compared Durasharp (yellow) and the Classic side by side and, like you, found a distinct difference. Durasharp (yellow) is quite a cut above the Classic. Not that the Classic is not a nice ride, but the Durasharp is top-tier. Both are listed on the current website, so guess the Dursharp (in yellow) is here to stay.

The new New Double Edge I mentioned above is shown here on the right and I've also put a picture of the Black Beauty packaging to show the confusion. Although this is new packaging (certainly to me), it also looks to be discontinued.

AM-JKLU_DKUgXU0QIipiUyT-y3VSHBjeNBjovChf9Hadwbt6nRKea4sTYTBboGdYDHEybEhq1cBq9JFXwycz-YQimWxgo3utbgf-0PMKDRvrJwiaGdglFZkVPrJkYPfzb5EE4YTwQ-NXoviPLqTllA7Sn2yMiA=w800

Untitled-2__34807.1599415301.jpg
Good morning.
Is the New Treet coated carbon steel?
How does the Treet New Steel work?
I don't read good opinions from those who have tried them.

Good morning.
Is the New Treet coated carbon steel?
How does the Treet New Steel work?
I don't read good opinions from those who have tried them.
I believe it's chrome coated carbon steel but others will chip in if I'm wrong.

I have used this and the Dura Sharp and found both to be very good. They are cheap enough that you can try them and sell or donate the remainder (perhaps on this forum) if you don't like them

Treet have actually consolidated their line down to just four blades now: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/maybe-treet-have-consolidated-their-lines.59110/

You could also check out my analysis of Treet blades here @lozioditalia https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/a-treet-for-your-face.57114/

As far as I am concerned, practically all of the non-DuraSharp carbon steel blades are the same (but under different packaging) and all around or about the same performance as what we knew as the Classic. It does look like Treet have dropped the Classic and the New Steel has replaced it. I've tried them again in light of all this new information and to be frank, I think any difference anyone might find between such blades is more likely down to it being a different day and/or different set of shaving kit.

But yes .. the New Steel is carbon steel and you can see the details in the 'Consolidated' thread.

It's the new "Classic".

Back
Top Bottom