Yet more Treet variants

I spotted a couple of new variants from Treet:

TJAX - a chrome edged super stainless blade
Trim - a "high grade" stainless blade

I have a tuck of each incoming, thanks to RBC.

So, the line-up is now:

Durasharp - Carbon
Classic - Carbon
Black Beauty - Carbon
Platinum - Super Stainless
7 Days - Platinum
Falcon - Carbon
King - Stainless
New Edge - Carbon
New Steel - Stainless (also packed as "New Double Edge")
Power - Carbon (Super)
Tez - Carbon (Extra)
TJAX - Chromium
Silver - Carbon
Trig - Stainless
Trim - Stainless (High Grade)

... oh, and Facon (Facon, not Falcon) in single/half blade format - premium coated Japanese Stainless.

No mention of Durasharp (Blue) on the website ... or, curiously their new "New Double Edge" which is confusingly in burgundy packaging and bears all the hallmarks of the Black Beauty from the outside, but inside you get the New Steel blade.

Don't forget Rainbow.....I think they are treet.
I have them....plus
Tez
Silver
Durasharp yellow
Durasharp Blue
New Steel
King
Platinum
Classic
Black Beauty
Trig

Enough to last me my days.....and then some

Good list, but confusingly there are 3 different types of Durasharp!

Aside from the two you listed, there's this one. I think it has one of the nicest designs.
Treet-Silver-Edge-Dura-Sharp-Super-Stainless-Double-Edge-Razor-Blades-10-Blade-Pack-Single-3_8cea7391-8477-4b2a-9d8d-b94b77c46171_657x700.jpg

Don't forget Rainbow.....I think they are treet.
I have them....plus
Tez
Silver
Durasharp yellow
Durasharp Blue
New Steel
King
Platinum
Classic
Black Beauty
Trig

Enough to last me my days.....and then some

Rainbow is made in Egypt by Lord.

Trim is already in use as part of their disposable II razors. Interesting to see it in use on the DE line now ... compared the actual blade from the Trim to the Treet Platinum and it does look like it's one of their top line blades.

I do wish they'd put some more words on their website; some sort of starting point for decyphering how all this lot clicks together.

Yeah, they're lovely ... but not listed on the Treet website. My list above is what's currently listed. Looks like the Durasharp (Blue) in stainless and those with that lovely packaging have been retired.
I originally thought that the yellows had been retired. Paul at Connaught did not have them in stock but said (somewhere) that the durasharp and the Classic were the same blade. The yellow Durasharp is sharper than the Classic. My Blues will arrive by the end of this week so at the moment I can't compare them....but for those who have....could the classic and the Durasharp Blue be the same?

I am getting confused

That was a potentially confusing piece of information, wasn't it? I know I jumped straight in and compared Durasharp (yellow) and the Classic side by side and, like you, found a distinct difference. Durasharp (yellow) is quite a cut above the Classic. Not that the Classic is not a nice ride, but the Durasharp is top-tier. Both are listed on the current website, so guess the Dursharp (in yellow) is here to stay.

The new New Double Edge I mentioned above is shown here on the right and I've also put a picture of the Black Beauty packaging to show the confusion. Although this is new packaging (certainly to me), it also looks to be discontinued.

AM-JKLU_DKUgXU0QIipiUyT-y3VSHBjeNBjovChf9Hadwbt6nRKea4sTYTBboGdYDHEybEhq1cBq9JFXwycz-YQimWxgo3utbgf-0PMKDRvrJwiaGdglFZkVPrJkYPfzb5EE4YTwQ-NXoviPLqTllA7Sn2yMiA=w800

Untitled-2__34807.1599415301.jpg

Yeah, they're lovely ... but not listed on the Treet website. My list above is what's currently listed. Looks like the Durasharp (Blue) in stainless and those with that lovely packaging have been retired.

The Dura Sharp with the nice packaging has been out of production for a long time, but it occasionally crops up on sale on Aliexpress. There's a seller here who has 300 blades for £20.

Are you going to do an epic write up of all the Treet blades like you did with the Supermax blades?

I originally thought that the yellows had been retired. Paul at Connaught did not have them in stock but said (somewhere) that the durasharp and the Classic were the same blade. The yellow Durasharp is sharper than the Classic. My Blues will arrive by the end of this week so at the moment I can't compare them....but for those who have....could the classic and the Durasharp Blue be the same?

I am getting confused

The Treet Yellow and Blue Dura Sharps are two different blades, they have different printing on the blades and they shaved differently as well.

IMO, the Yellow Treet Dura Sharp was the one I preferred, but it's also my favourite blade from Treet by quite some margin; IMO they work beautifully with vintage Gillette razors. I have a suspicion they perform like the best Carbon Steel blades of yesteryear which would have been the ones designed for some of the vintage razors we love.

Are you going to do an epic write up of all the Treet blades like you did with the Supermax blades?

It's starting to look like that ...

The Treet Yellow and Blue Dura Sharps are two different blades, they have different printing on the blades and they shaved differently as well.

IMO, the Yellow Treet Dura Sharp was the one I preferred, but it's also my favourite blade from Treet by quite some margin; IMO they work beautifully with vintage Gillette razors.

That, and my Durasharp (Blue) are stainless! I say that, but it doesn't actually say Stainless anywhere on the pack or the blade, but it doesn't say Carbon Steel, either, which is normal for Treet.

AM-JKLXYR9u1exmHtmhXzGGMLY8daPjroqFr5y-L3GFg7kr457ciyE7IGavlCjs7BePU8Iz74q5Bam896cKoND2VJ33HhGmdqN_emxTP-yTK06GnRrBgzGFtpLdc0BxvXrfY9H6AbsYEMjgnyMzt-DjfCGdrdA=w267-h510-no

... these, too! Silver Edge is now found on the Trig. Not to be confused with the Silver, which is carbon. That, or this old blade might be the new Trim? Confuzzling!!! Oh, the Salon Pack for the Trim says "Barber's First Choice" so guess that's a professional designation.

I certainly hope so. I usually bin a blade after about 3 full shaves.and most Treet blades give exactly that. Additionally I can usually purchace a couple of hundred for much less than 100 of a premium brand. They also supply carbon steel which for me gives a more pleasant finish

I certainly hope so. I usually bin a blade after about 3 full shaves.and most Treet blades give exactly that. Additionally I can usually purchace a couple of hundred for much less than 100 of a premium brand. They also supply carbon steel which for me gives a more pleasant finish

I found the SuperMax epic quite exhausting!

I know the core of the Treet house very well indeed, so the Platinum, Durasharp, Classic and Black Beauty, and so comparing all these other blades is going to be a lot easier. I'm taking this journey a little more casually, working in as and when I fancy trying the next blade. My struggle is trying to understand why ... why so many variants, some of while MUST be the same.

But yes, there'll be a write-up ...

I've only tried the black beauty but didn't have a good experience, need to try the rest of the range within my sampler pack

@pjgh @donnie_arko with so many different name brands within the same de blade companies, any idea which de company has the most different name brands?

surely treet has to be up there just based on list in the OP

I found the SuperMax epic quite exhausting!

I know the core of the Treet house very well indeed, so the Platinum, Durasharp, Classic and Black Beauty, and so comparing all these other blades is going to be a lot easier. I'm taking this journey a little more casually, working in as and when I fancy trying the next blade. My struggle is trying to understand why ... why so many variants, some of while MUST be the same.

But yes, there'll be a write-up ...
Yea look forward to seeing how you rate them and your thoughts

Yea I don't get it too, ad I asked before wt so many different brand names and was told before on the forums it's to aim for certain markets or something along those lines

I've only tried the black beauty but didn't have a good experience, need to try the rest of the range within my sampler pack

@pjgh @donnie_arko with so many different name brands within the same de blade companies, any idea which de company has the most different name brands?

surely treet has to be up there just based on list in the OP

SuperMax!

Thank you for your helpful research into Treet blades.

I'm a bit confused as to what you are saying.

Here's my understanding of the overall matter:

If a Treet blade does not explicitly state it is stainless steel or platinum coated, then it is carbon steel.

If is simply says "steel," I haven't a clue. What is "Treet New Steel"? I suggest you either check the company website, or put it in a glass of water for a week and see if it rusts. (And while you're at it, place a Feather in a glass of water.)

The Razor Blades Club is a reliable, knowledgeable seller:

However, the site does not list all blades and the product descriptions are minimal. You could try asking them directly. And they have more items with more details listed on Amazon.

Note: It is "Treet Dura Sharp," not "Durasharp." The Razor Blades Club Amazon listing writes it thus for the blue blades: "Treet Dura Sharp double edge razor blades."

I use the Blue Dura Sharp blades. They are carbon steel with PTFE coating. They are very sharp and smooth, and can last five days or so, in my experience. Of course, the PTFE wears off, but the carbon steel blade is still very smooth. They are similar to the Treet 7 Days Platinum, which, in my experience, can last about a week.

I haven't ever used a Yellow Dura Sharp blade, and don't see any for sale online. I would be impressed if the Treet Dura Sharp Yellow were even sharper than the Blue - this would make them one of the sharpest blades in the world. However, the Blue are plenty sharp for most of my razors, and a bit too sharp for an Old Type. (And I already have some very nice blades that are sharper.) My guess is the Yellow are either out of production or only for sale in certain regions. I suspect if you did find an online listing showing a picture of the Yellow blades, you might get the Blue ones, as many online sellers are glacially slow in changing illustrations, and frankly don't give a damn about accurate descriptions.

I got a Treet sampler pack of 10 labels from the RBC, but I never came close to finishing it. The Dura Sharp Blue and 7 Days Platinum still seemed to be tops for sharpness and longevity, which I already was using. Some of the carbon steel blades seemed to work better in an Old Type, but sacrificed sharpness and longevity. Most of the stainless steel blades don't seem to be anything special. The first time I used Treet stainless blades many years ago, I found them unduly rough, and quickly abandoned them. However, some are better than others, and they may have improved manufacturing technology.

The Treet King blades are unusually sharp and smooth, but don't seem to have much longevity, as in one or two days. While they are a bit more expensive, the price per blade/shave is ultimately irrelevant. Does anyone else have experience with the Treet King blades in a variety of razors?

Keep in mind that there is also a brand called "Durablade," aka "Sharp," aka "Best," aka "Titanium," aka "Swiss," aka etc. They are made in Bangladesh.

And then there are the P&G "Perma-Sharp" blades. There are undoubtedly other P&G blades with similar names, though I'm about to try to catalog them without taking Dramamine. Others are welcome to try.

Please note the use of capitalization, spacing and hyphenation in razor blade names. It is important in avoiding confusion, and is especially helpful with online search engines.

Adding slightly to the mystery, there was a line of Treet razor blades made in the U.S. in the early 20th century with a similar logo. There may or may not be a connection. There is probably no connection to Treet line of canned hams, as Pakistan is a Muslim country.

Any clarifications, corrections, or contrary experiences are always welcome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom