... a Treet for your face?

Remember my SuperMax epic?
https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/six-weeks-in-supermax.53997/

Remember my promise to do the same for Treet ... and Lord?

Presenting ... a Treet for your face!

How on earth do I make sense of Treet? Even their own marketing information is contradictory, so much so that certainly one blade is marked as both stainless and carbon, yet the packaging describes neither. Another has two entirely different blades in the same packaging. What I can say for certain is that what is written hereafter is entirely without corporate confirmation; my own thoughts and musings having tried practically the entire range and given it a good number of months for the information to settle.

I gleaned a starting point from these two sources:

https://treetonline.com/product-category/blades/
https://treetproducts.wordpress.com/category/double-edge-shaving-blades/

With 19 blades identified, I'll repeat: how on earth do I make sense of this? What I am going to do is start with my summary and explain from there ...

Treet have three Carbon blades and three Stainless blades ... and everything else is name engineering.

... and that makes it a lot easier!

Carbon

AL9nZEVk2PLAaZROS6o5rfMQNffLOFB_FNupiejU0O1m6Sp1LvDkgBFrfFIqBWOL9E3itN9vBklG7lgXqOt4b4RIRyLKJJQXzkeRK6KlWEua1P-12BEVSQeDGaoqio2dt98vzwU58YqWtWIH3Ev8ycY5AvIUqA=w300

AL9nZEWtrKWpOH7OWzEAz-EdL_XOc2rfLYBejpIcaRWx5Z6R4NugxrYzj7eNpg5rVZFEMtmUBRFtO4jYdBwSWBolAkmkr9uVQg8fg7TbSNSCFcx0QlNXb-lXjsdhDTN4RImnE-2NOAFhBmJPQ9CwvfJSZkNq_w=w214-h109-no

Treet began manufacturing razor blades in 1954 with an offering that we know as the 'Black Beauty' (or 'Kala' which translates in both Urdu and Hindi as "black") in reference to the blue-ing of the blade, a process which goes some way to mitigate against rusting on carbon blades.

Love it, or hate it, the Black Beauty gives us today a hint of vintage shaving and we should consider this the original/legacy carbon blade from Treet.

AL9nZEWy32WTl31mpdg9C9Y77BNllYMN3nIko1VnQVTnq7Qtxmu6lA8t6JJMqgHfjaugxkgu3zJSfFi76IV8rx8iOJWBsQBet71kaJ-IoiNSUrHG93Tqkj6YRfVcI7OkhbozKFJj3DMyS2LYbpmEjspVH2pd-Q=w300

AL9nZEUF5CugI3WdjOWKyk5-5K0ikKzj1U88b87GpVMJjPt8XNSpjt7i-Z8CZH2RatY3sTl5q6puE9NkyCqBM6cbyMwhuISRc2ddcX5gx-P9-QpWnHykB8OqkApBMrvJenTKnlgaGlDtdT8EnobADp4rGMbOkw=w300

I'll talk about the Classic now in this order because it makes some sense, but I believe the Classic is actually an engineered version of the Dura Sharp (in the yellow packaging) as a less finessed version to stand as a sort of baseline carbon blade and one which I believe is re-engineered under a tonne of names as you will see.

AL9nZEWIG3ccBGceMNruQSnQMrhXYZuormM5LodnSzAnoQkt2JYxxCU7QhDesrmara9sAQvKDwkmPze6jYWe5JptnFn-346gEtBGn7xlHUXa02u5UWbzeEiGZmbQ4vE641ugjHjgcdl9M5IwL-ecYkCH-_9Qtw=w300

AL9nZEUbg9E6UYJCnSiEW4QRQj4JWme7u9a64XYmT5yxf0wh4Mi-5Wh3FHzS2IoFfEypt0At00-LTm-QnbTD0PXLg5hWUFtdSNH8NWmdgnusGdUENMoxW6IPMu9LkZZrpdwBD-9syv4gNtzVZqoFh9TrHsLxjQ=w212-h110-no

Surely the jewel in the crown for Treet! Consider this the superior carbon blade offering, one which is heavily finessed in the sharpening and stropping process to create what really is the best double-edge carbon blade on the market. Interestingly, looking at the blade itself, it is the only blade from Treet that is marked with the 1 2 3 4 numbers on the blade edges - all other blades are either unmarked or marked as A/B. Notice that there are numbers on the blade pictured above for the Treet Classic - this image is from Treet's corporate website and contrary to the blades I have in my collection.

So, that's the carbon blades:
  • Treet Black Beauty
  • Treet Classic
  • Treet Dura Sharp

Stainless

Somewhat more murky than the carbon baldes, as there is little known about the original stainless offering from Treet but I think it's fair to say that it was likely under the Dura Sharp name and this throwback packaging (likely just the Trig under an engineered name) gives us a hint of what that might have been:

AL9nZEXt2o1tJfoWayohxZLcaSmeFlcBgRsBqorSx6VOIEJPaO3KLLgFXNa5OgK2EHO4HQKM2F5gm_ZCo8LSSn265FXpJv4o1UIWbNIcml8IA7xOzN4a7TsyMuwjOZezzpsEhOm13RIPdj0-Z-k8Rx6BZHdT3w=w300

Don't confuse this one with the other Dura Sharp (in the blue packaging) which I believe is merely an alternative packaging for the yellow ... or close enough. While this blade is a mythical unicorn, I think it's worth writing it down so that we can track the development of the stainless blade in a similar way to the carbon. Consider this the original/legacy stainless blade from Treet.

Whatever became of the legacy stainless blade, it certainly ended up as what we know as the Trig (Silver Edge):

AL9nZEXh3UbXN_eczEP_kQ87qc5Gz5nezNrwxpIR8bVHXMhGK8Dn8sHpBW03lLoaOOsBd57lZj05dDHsb65yW5DqWbHX-97rkDn-zdRZZ2Y0RaFDamD1j1HEAwesx5WYcx5qfjlYkwI0Qbq5_PBJmb3YzfrM0A=w300

AL9nZEVekYzbNNQPP3TBZRvGnJ-JgiyO0clLasJy6lMyViRWA9u5lEzggZ-bwmBevXdSzDkdnmpbZ2ZysjTP5PAtwXki4udUxXtCvY0VwbFfkKRT6qClHMLg7XSaTPBLs8jrCINIb67qhP4J7mBUg_XXSSelUw=w300

... but Silver Edge? Just marketing words, I think.

AL9nZEW0rVCJrlnlHsfqJNCdKmejWRtQMfxQlx8Vn_oEW_nLgMG0Y8h_D0gXDIdjYvz9x7bUlEodfcpYhUG8iYpbevXT4orodAAgilLBftH3uzbP9E3sEhVzAnYW6srD8LmXfmOGCwQwjzOp90uTd5klKuPgjg=w300

AL9nZEV14BdS78b7l3MmZ8kDZxojO4lbIk60R4ignxJAYtd3ZGNdt9oP8uVQStUwFdeGHm0v1ADrbkCy4bDuQCs0SOrsg8-uBXwCDaIaLpZJbci-ysch3b7CED5HEZjqZ5DyLlElrhJ_oNGRwo1HQsLJuVbKHQ=w300

The Treet Platinum is my personal favourite blade, one which (to me) gives four shaves of absolute same quality and feel as the first shave. I love 'em! But again, Platinum? Spectrum analysis of a number of razor blades over on B&B gave us a hint that these blades not actually platinum edged at all and in fact (like "silver edge") just marketing terminology and so "platinum class". That said, Treet themselves outright state: "... this super stainless blade has special edge treatment of Platinum Chromium and PTFE. These ingredients help enhance durability and smoothen the sharpness of blade edges and provide optimum shaving comfort."

So, Platinum Chrome? Either way, consider this the superior stainless offering from Treet.

... and that's the stainless blades:
  • Treet Dura Sharp (Stainless)?
  • Trig Silver Edge
  • Treet Platinum Super Stainless

Last edited:
Continued ...

Name Engineering

The remaining catalogue from Treet is, I believe merely name engineering ...

... although, certainly for the newly marketed blades there is much reference to new coatings in promotional material and on the official website blog so perhaps there is a subtle difference over and above the five/six core blades referenced above. Possibly just an additional polymer coating.

Anyway, here's the rest ... along with some thoughts about their intended markets and other musings:

AL9nZEWF8SU6J5IwsiD66GCpm-gDMUPxNbEF-aAaeBvHcIz-HFrxmzhB8Nb6horn6rH8B9M2uMTT6G9xOMINeHPevVFqEUHDre7Xqa_rrH5K3WT-5vpQjPQ5kFhn1jUpl_MhbnAa1WOWrhmCfodG-N5QSc4wIQ=w300

AL9nZEUZ7-oONPBFvcBVQRjQ8eubgMeqpiSrGpwwPsQB_VfLTCF28paD3twa6rd64FuC6pCV74dXpEvghryvYkvBEC27VxCWrRcRmg_jUjeAqhyHTS_H8aKtZPlP4RdiNfxMeM3ibqwugeT-O_qjejoJxGg4zg=w300

The Dura Sharp (in the blue packaging) is a big of an enigma. While some folks claim this is a stainless equivalent to the carbon Dura Sharp (in the yellow packaging), it is my belief that this is also a carbon blade (evidenced by rusting after use) and so merely alternative packaging. But, the shave? Well, like many other folks I also think these blades do not shave as well as the Dura Sharp (in the yellow packaging) and so think there's something else going on here like the intended market is for professional use and so the blades have not been double-stropped or whatever additional process the high-class Dura Sharp goes through ... maybe like the regular Wilkinson Sword and the Wilkinson Sword (Economie), or the SuperMax/Vidyut Stainless (in the burgundy/yellow packaging) against the SuperMax/Vidyut Super Stainless (in the blue packaging)?

So, just the Classic again ... or a sub-version of the Dura Sharp?

... and I'll skip over the Star Plus because I simply cannot get hold of any, but will float this idea this this was simply the Classic, name engineered.

AL9nZEXpKMJlM_8gq14POheXyBt15lPT5DsrcSLcj7IfL4wZRj5NdF72Wkqs-J5ET-C2uwqmg-qJVLk4IUxL4I2lw6nTWqDIius-0H4YxVPvhdxgIEFZtf05zzVZjSfT2sZETW_QkYhNcm3y0JQJiDpd_ojggg=w600

Colour me confused! When I first say the New packaging (on the right), I thought it was just new packaging for the Black Beauty but upon arrival it turned out to be an entirely new blade. Branded just like the Black Beauty (with "a Treet for your face") on the blade but not blued, I wondered if this was an attempt to define a new baseline in the carbon blade line-up and maybe a first attempt to drop the Black Beauty from the range.

Either way, it shaved just like the Classic.

AL9nZEWGhx-OWz_RqyPFXn131aZHkGwQ_lR7Y9hvB3U3kGS7LIv3LdLdyED4rP5uo2-Aq_l1ahDP-yXViT62QztHphCOol63oDDMBIdm5f0zBiTAXqMpaCf813KljjeT5WddodeQyFqrYndG_0pkQ7Pdp9rrCw=w300

AL9nZEX4JEz_soA4E55EFz9yvB09TyTP8nWX9sQJ0yM2LbWtSaoFP7DBIKsvX5njD2l0dcDbq0NAn-zFXQJN20egrvqUJ-42nL0c_cL7mtGnjkL635cAsOPoRjJOuo0f0j8NOPIIL2NunzzMUvplCxJGBnLFBg=w300

Later, I got hold of a pack of New Steel (shown on the left in the larger image above) and found that too was the same blade. Whatever Treet did here, it seems that the New packaging above was not well received or confused the market and so they re-released that branding as the New Steel. There was some discussion around forums as to whether this was stainless steel, but it is indeed carbon steel.

Again, it shaved just like the Classic, perhaps with the additional new polymer coating?

AL9nZEXutEgt_UeetW8Ho28bMyAVbpur2vzffIEhObAYc6K-IF1zIbzKgPt6RePCRJbVleS9G_KwQmO513YCSQiFKe0G-25L-FZBMQSgY_RMTXE6Sr19nRzhPIYjd8f3FtDPVZCAY6hlqE3fsnkQ3SSfJdtvkA=w300

AL9nZEU3ULA09vg48hlQJFxoscIG1__AW-AzxDJ4sGkq09IB3yvjfFGgiqbBEc67mNPfdgBhn5mponW75n9U-Jb79tcQGhl0U5HGF9M3SoJtSQ_ILbvn6gebUTEuwhHETSE_YcyAPQmyy0sEvbIOtji0rgG_wA=w300

Yet another carbon blade, the New Edge ... which rather puts me in mind of the regaular Platinum (probably just the use of the colour orange), but again it shaved just like the Classic, perhaps with the additional new polymer coating? Treet's official line is that this is intended for the professional market and so possibly a back-to-back release with the New Steel, one for the home market and one professional. It felt to shave a touch better than the New Steel and possibly a mere click better than the Classic itself, so perhaps a reverse my thoughts above about the Dura Sharp (in the blue packaging) in that the professional market blade was of a better quality and finish than the one intended for the home market.

AL9nZEXk4e6ujbnEs02w4PGYWhBruYMNOnH3bnnKHXQVQ32pkENwtSx99NU-o5jdVmib2pkASLGPaM_t2GrOnDSrUKAojMCbzNzj8PFM_pm2y_qrGIMq1kjog-fsxIPHXL6KobSCvip5G0ye5e9M7FT7tIna6A=w300

AL9nZEWFaE-EqrLcVr9Qyy_c9q6R-I45RJLM4qvoqhNI3maZsX7G4hHn8SKSXnQhJhcjrYQeaEkJ3vUeHZBXEoxr8VJkn2LImItHkOxhZjCGHDiIan-4G-JKp6u22dkuiUWG6PN9rsRXL6oUK99wdbi6XzwLBw=w300

When I first used the Treet Silver, I was somewhat confused as it is certainly a carbon blade ... but to my face felt absolutely like a stainless blade, even Russian in feeling somehow? In the table at the end, I've marked this as likely the Classic with the new polymer coating ... or perhaps even the Dura Sharp with that new coating? It's a damn good blade, either way ... and in some respects, perhaps the carbon equivalent placement of the TJAX.

Summary? What I think we have here is a trio of new carbon blades that vary in quality/performance and/or intended market:
  • New Steel (and New) - home use and likely a quickly finished Classic
  • New Edge - professional use (from the website) and likely the Classic ... slightly better quality/performance than the New Steel and possibly better finish than the Classic?
  • Silver - home use, high-class carbon blade alternative to the Dura Sharp (in the yellow packaging) or a Classic+
AL9nZEWcOPhLR2MMwbuTOl4UCJIVQC1JhQ7VbJ6P1owkDfkjYa5QVRntRaAvtX78IXxTs04PfqwcgOKy70G568Sd9iokSJpNQlRV0MN3VppHkGzbf4W8vDO8EsbVnO7793Z7aSrXBi9tbu-feZ9XF1i0KpmonA=w300

AL9nZEXFkleSPQ7fQUDzC6RxYS1KD0E-D_64AB0UeCvys2UGxO5ujXKRiYCQ4RhquW8PBagPOz24rhmi4LpnnoMMClhr392w4yrkw3IaVr0faPXMSozZEh9k08VtSbj-wsugzX3Ctw7SBG1O-_G7jcGskNlL4A=w300

High Grade Stainless Steel Blade? To my face, it's the Trig ... again. Perhaps with the addional polymer coating I've read about?

AL9nZEUgMwCgAN5_UGr0FCjKfwJzvyeMeO9z8OJsH-BR-JO7nvF4_QKWV0StyPzbzNNEl1vnwG8TLtj94BgTypJUuoUexx20gUzYNzFAKw8zIMHHTmPlFb0UmZjHpS8EXvB9qHSOC2YoZNXIY_G4a_dBd67soA=w300

AL9nZEUYLXm-rgpjkUXT1H6bOjo4eYHX5ePQmkZw5GgOvKhmCLOuq4DQ7-1-P7dEo-DYN7c20gMEnAuIDHAWWbS7xtkBzY5ld6zitdpv1dPRrYyr_RTcX0kUTUr7AuVjmbcThhqFsW4CliepUpQ6NLPo3b3dlw=w300

TJAX? Weird name! Billed as a chromium blade, I wonder if this is a sort of sub-Platinum class blade. It certainly shaved almost as well as the regular Platinum and left me very impressed, if not in mind of some of the good Indian Super Platinum blades ... certainly better than, say, the Super Chrome blades under the Lord/Shark brands.

AL9nZEU5r1Un2XLkEgZhfo-0dilGu33IsEpCwTOI5XXHLj68c9yhPlTShhqLcL9IDUCxqoSMe8u33ypAVNcjp6WXOD94-y4Qhexb1b7dAglxP8kCXPnwmDIWWet1SFBhB7YRDdZueJMchXpHEVT7kNea5LkrXg=w300

AL9nZEXiSYoNcjYWf_gDUeRwK-MNvlghbZe62XR2mLCp4gI-A5q3s3IhTUlIzlkvBRPuWFByze9roCIkxIeNuGUQ5SR3Si2dwFeQXv813RwAMgHdxFuSn4L3GkL7Ov_C4fGlXAkPyFFqgt6tpqsiRGzG0-fa9Q=w300

What a truly excellent blade! One which, to my face, gained the hallowed 11/10 (or A+) for the sole and simple reason it absolutely lives up to its name and not only delivers seven shaves, but seven shaves of equal quality and performance to the first shave ... well, six to my face and a seventh of very good quality but maybe a tick below the first shave.

Either way, it's most likely the regular Treet Platinum but perhaps with an extra polymer coating, or some other new processing voodoo. In the table at the end, I've referenced this as one with a new coating.

Summary? Another trio of new stainless blades:
  • Trim - simply the Trig rebranded
  • TJAX - referenced merely as chromium and likely a sort of sub-Platinum class intended for the home market
  • 7 Days Platinum - reference as both platinum and chromium, a sort of super-Platinum class, again intended for the home market

Last edited:
Continued ...

What's left? Just a couple of double-acts ...

AL9nZEVazlN7DAO9xBXNJNU4mIOjAupAo6DZmS5gqd69ZzSPlVIV4kFV6YtiYhM6KTkDftmSfDtSpmSQxizbICy56qxpD9kXk44sioKeGwxRi0hVJ9qnfIsFSW7YubHtZ-o00_E9bTV0bdKP8WKrzmjW6hNj0g=w300

AL9nZEVt5wCmGrO3a1Y6hbuNBBbtNd-JS6va-GddyhSJEHkNicT45rwjO4djq7dvAH6xJ-2kRkpfP-v4ESgnn90q9-pT5qoCntjFDN0U_8X8hpk4sQ_Sw7IxYHvrY4AkryaheHWgXnq2u38YUpYgkWnpO35sxw=w300

AL9nZEV09aOVWJgIXu4h8SKgVkoV2JVpLvTLbzy3JEig8q44MYLOzNAFf9OQbwMkcPTzkmFNE_F1CeYZpw4Bm2lAkqaXROifgIIoWb-U1mE8vKdYKp8mp44sJw8Mdc-zpnUN98vuYzjJImGJ_BDXinia9FUcpA=w300

AL9nZEWNSQ4xpAiQAPoGLpdTPRGbdkdUDI24NFsc0zw2mFU3P3LJc7Nb-1FyfMO6Lna5obvtlumFYIzMySssUwUOvLElIr3WYt8rzT6bJSfp_MS37bnDDI1EDd7MRgqYT3t5MoJhjVqTehedCvYrmEeQrvQx3g=w300

I'm going to talk about the Tez (Extra) & Power (Super) together as I think they're related, what with their vibrant colours, funky names and all-round youthful packaging ... and in that, I think we get an indication as to the intended market: younger folks.

Both carbon blades, the Power (Super) shaves a mere click above the Tez (Extra) in terms of quality of shave and initially, I wondered if this was a Classic & Dura Sharp re-packaging, but alas, the Power (Super) is nowhere near the Dura Sharp ... but I do think we have a simple Classic & Classic+ engineering thing going on here. Yes, perhaps with that new polymer coating?

AL9nZEVjsEeoWcplJJXdAtBGm15CP_6-z_r3Hf3y65ezLRwIvfIqrgnkhnWX7W6kFFLFS7uPiSbRKpN1nWfhcwQACAAGfPIccxPieaAj1jf8-WXQEtjd8kcdIXBepM7o4IYLPQUPNUq5KWFuJq744d7fi8pUeA=w300

AL9nZEVUIn6BOWUi50GyaSm1J8mN_m1Kooa38nrXx1YYGIYR9msbAVL_MAJcCDStn_R9wOLu4XDZf75tZ1lJQSBOd7LSXFiluAXJTBHTS90bPLI0f2vhRbx0cPX7ht2YD5jH3TwUM-ZCLQfgx9Mif6Beck2MUA=w300

AL9nZEWK4F1IwLNsJQJ1vKbtDnEn0j7F46VOqCsFfc-ZdF0XKJ8Rit2vn70gXW-4db9d_d8VHtmc9H5V-D73Izh6j-S8bgkGDKdalbrkkQxBhm42Yt49TICmWRwjyY5Y6dfpnngKwAT4CY00OYYl0UtbHXujdQ=w300

AL9nZEXVmoaVs1FjJH2NDu1b1fFRciwswLLxKIiqWEoVnNWUJcQpM5muH3UGb1Qbj8eHcU2wvF-09XKvo9tXHzljWz-ZOolsB-MGJO8C-ShnNQUjnKN6wK39bTLW3yDzxAAI-rCK87Tf5ZWdNPyQX2K-d4GaDw=w300

... and I'll talk about the King & Falcon together as, again, I think they're related. While the kids are scrambling for Tez & Power ... the discerning older folks are picking up the classy and retro-packaged King & Falcon. The King is stainless, while the Falcon is carbon. Easy to pin back to the core line-up, the Falcon is the Classic and the King is the Trig. Simple as that ... to my face, anyway.

There you have it ... my thoughts on the Treet blades that I've been able to get hold of. I will put out a plea to anyone who has the Star Plus because for the sake of completion, I'd like to try one; that, and the lovely legacy packaged blue Dura Sharp (Silver Edge), if anyone has one to spare.

BladeCoatingMarkingsMarketAvailableScoreName Engineering
Dura Sharp (Yellow)Carbon/PTFE1/2/3/4GlobalYesA-3 < Superior Carbon
ClassicCarbon/PTFEA/BGlobalYesB2 < Baseline Carbon
Black Beauty [52/61/1.33]CarbonNAGlobalYesE1 < Original Carbon
Platinum [45/46/1.02]*Platinum/Chrome?/PTFEA/BGlobalYesA3 < Superior Stainless
Trig Silver EdgeStainless/PTFEA/BGlobalYesD2 < Baseline Stainless
Dura Sharp (Blue/Legacy)Stainless?GlobalDiscontinued[Untested]1 < Original Stainless > Trig Silver Edge
Dura Sharp (Blue)Carbon?/PTFEA/BGlobal?Yes?B/-Classic
Star PlusCarbon/PTFE?PakistanDiscontinued[Untested]Classic?
Silver < feels RussianCarbon/PTFE/PolymerNAPakistan?YesB+Classic [New Coating]
New Edge [Thin/Flexible] < Premium?Carbon/PTFENABarbershop? ThinYesC+Classic [New Coating]
New Steel [Thin/Flexible] < Economy?Carbon/PTFE/PolymerNABarbershop? ThinYesC-Classic [New Coating]
New [Double Edge Blade]Carbon???/PTFE/PolymerNABlack Beauty w/out blue-ing?Yes?C-Classic [New Coating] ^
7 Days Platinum < feels Russian?Platinum/Chrome/PTFE/PolymerA/BHome? Sharper/SmootherYesA+Platinum/Chrome [New Coating]
TJAXStainless/ChromeA/BHome … young person?YesB+Chrome
TrimStainless/High GradeA/BBarbershopYesDTrig Silver Edge
Tez (Extra)Carbon/PTFEA/BHome … young person?YesB … it’s the Classic!Classic [New Coating]
Power (Super)Carbon/PTFE/Polymer?A/BHome … young person?YesB/+ … alas, not the DuraSharpClassic [New Coating]
KingStainless/PTFEA/BHome … older person? Raw!YesC/+ … more raw, somehowTrig Silver Edge
FalconCarbon/PTFENAHome … older person? Raw!YesB … again, the Classic!Classic

Last edited:
Remarkable and very comprehensive review, thank you.
I'm
I have only had experience of one Treet blade, a Carbon. The shave for me was below average and to cap it all when I changed the blade after 24 hours the blade had rusted and the rust had transferred to my razor, perhaps it was just down to me in not using a stainless blade.

The core six (or five), if you like are listed in the first of the three posts - the carbon and the stainless variants.

While the name-engineered carbon blades do seem to be all the regular Classic, give or take ... I'd say to just go for the Classic over any of them (perhaps the Silver) or better still, the Dura Sharp (yellow). There are however one or two treats (get it?) in the name-engineered stainless variants and I'd say to ignore the lot, other than the 7 Days Platinum (I'd say sharper that the regular Platinum with more longevity) and the TJAX (which is a smooth run indeed, somehow smoother than the regular Platinum).

That said, folks who enjoy the Shark Super Stainless could check out the King (Stainless) which to my face had that honest rawness of the Shark but more refined, somehow.

So, Treet blades that the curious should try out (in order):
  • Platinum - arguably Treet's best (stainless) blade
  • Classic - simple, honest carbon blade
  • Dura Sharp - classy carbon blade ... Treet's best (carbon) blade
  • 7 Days Platinum - if the regular Platinum was not quite your thing?
  • Silver - just for a weirdly different feel to the Classic, somehow
  • TJAX - smoother than the regular platinum ... with an Indian Super Platinum kinda feel
  • King - for the kind of rawness that only Shark can bring ... but refined
  • Black Beauty - just for the retro-experience ... you might like it!

Thank you Paul. This will be a reference thread for me! Not sure about your carbon label for the New Steel.....I thought it was stainless but happy to be corrected!

That one is confusing, isn't it?

Initially, I found that the 'New' burgundy pack has "carbon" stated explicitly on the tuck and with the blade itself being the same blade as the 'New Steel' I assumed that too was carbon.

... that, and this (found later):

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 18.02.14.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-27 at 18.01.47.png

Last edited:
The core six (or five), if you like are listed in the first of the three posts - the carbon and the stainless variants.

While the name-engineered carbon blades do seem to be all the regular Classic, give or take ... I'd say to just go for the Classic over any of them (perhaps the Silver) or better still, the Dura Sharp (yellow). There are however one or two treats (get it?) in the name-engineered stainless variants and I'd say to ignore the lot, other than the 7 Days Platinum (I'd say sharper that the regular Platinum with more longevity) and the TJAX (which is a smooth run indeed, somehow smoother than the regular Platinum).

That said, folks who enjoy the Shark Super Stainless could check out the King (Stainless) which to my face had that honest rawness of the Shark but more refined, somehow.

So, Treet blades that the curious should try out (in order):
  • Platinum - arguably Treet's best (stainless) blade
  • Classic - simple, honest carbon blade
  • Dura Sharp - classy carbon blade ... Treet's best (carbon) blade
  • 7 Days Platinum - if the regular Platinum was not quite your thing?
  • Silver - just for a weirdly different feel to the Classic, somehow
  • TJAX - smoother than the regular platinum ... with an Indian Super Platinum kinda feel
  • King - for the kind of rawness that only Shark can bring ... but refined
  • Black Beauty - just for the retro-experience ... you might like it!

@pjgh tries all the Pakistani Treet blades....
So you don't have to.

Great work Paul, like your excellent Supermax thread, I will take my time to fully read and digest all your observations. Thanks for taking the time for making such an excellent post.

That one is confusing, isn't it?

Initially, I found that the 'New' burgundy pack has "carbon" stated explicitly on the tuck and with the blade itself being the same blade as the 'New Steel' I assumed that too was carbon.

... that, and this (found later):

View attachment 92509View attachment 92510
Totally different packaging from the ones I have. I wish they were a bit more transparent about their blades as I really rate them

Back
Top Bottom