... a Treet for your face?

First shave with Treet 7 days blade, nice and sharp with a more audible/higher blade noise compared with Gillette 7 o'clock yellows.
Started off slightly harsh but smoothed off quite quickly, nice shave and a great alternative to the Gillette blades I have been using.
Never liked the yellows but I love Nacets. Looking forward to trying the 7days. Treet Platinum work great in my meagre Gillette TTO collection but Nacets and Personna PC feel better in milder razors like the 34C and RR GC .68. Still, I can put a Treet Platinum in any of my razors and get a great shave. Never been keen on many of the Russian Gillette blades with the notable exception of the Nacets and the Platinum. Some folk go daft for Super Iridium and GSB but I don’t rate them at all. I also loathe that almost universally liked blade, the Astra green. Lord Silver Stars are another vastly underrated blade that perform very well no matter the razor. I’ve never really tried the Supermax range but I used to enjoy the Indian Gillette Black.

Never liked the yellows but I love Nacets. Looking forward to trying the 7days. Treet Platinum work great in my meagre Gillette TTO collection but Nacets and Personna PC feel better in milder razors like the 34C and RR GC .68. Still, I can put a Treet Platinum in any of my razors and get a great shave. Never been keen on many of the Russian Gillette blades with the notable exception of the Nacets and the Platinum. Some folk go daft for Super Iridium and GSB but I don’t rate them at all. I also loathe that almost universally liked blade, the Astra green. Lord Silver Stars are another vastly underrated blade that perform very well no matter the razor. I’ve never really tried the Supermax range but I used to enjoy the Indian Gillette Black.
I am very pleased with my first shave using the 7 days, definitely a similar shave to Nacets. Also no glue dots!

Only just noticed the fine chap on my cardboard Treet packaging is none other than Peter Bowles, known for his role as Richard DeVere in "To The Manor Born".

treet7.jpg

to-the-manor-born-series-large-poster-950.jpg

However, know that you are drastically limiting yourself as all Gillette DE blades have wax dots. Perhaps an hour spent with a good therapist would help you conquer that anal retentive quirk(?). :geek:

However, know that you are drastically limiting yourself as all Gillette DE blades have wax dots. Perhaps an hour spent with a good therapist would help you conquer that anal retentive quirk(?). :geek:

Quite a few DE blades I've used without wax have had issues with consistency, but that could be down to other factors. I've bought some blades without them but I don't think I would do so again.

Back
Top Bottom