World Cup 2014 - fans only!

A decent performance from England although they faded noticeably. There was some good football from Italy going forward - they look to have a good balance of experience in crucial positions although their left back will be exposed at some stage. They played a dangerous game in the penalty area and although I don't think England were denied a blatant penalty, there were at least three close calls.

I can't blame our players' effort, the officials, or the opposition cheating. Italy were just had that bit more quality and experience. Leaving Ashley Cole in England looks like it was the wrong decision now though.

It wasn't a bad game to watch from a nuetral's perspective.

Italy controlled the game, even though they had far less possession than England. Very happy to sit back and soak it all up.

The slow tempo didn't suit England, they were too predictable especially in the second half when they needed an equaliser. Defence is probably one of their weakest in a long time.

Sterling was really good in the first 60 minutes. Sturridge had a good go at them too. They were trying which was a real positive.

Some awfully frustrating spells of England play in the last 15 minutes. Wiltshire hitting it out for a throw, two terrible corners and a poor cross. I wanted England to get an equaliser, the Italians can be tough to watch sometimes, but found myself groaning at some of the sloppy England play.

isaiah53 said:
did anyone else think michael owens commentary sounded like the boring priest on father ted, who talked to father jack about boilers and raffle tickets? my head went numb listening to him.

Yep, totally agree. I switched back to the Irish TV commentary.

Draw would have been a fair result
To be honest didn't think either team are strong enough to go on and win the competition ( Not on last nights game anyway)

Wow I should make predictions more often! I totally knew Balotelli would score!

Wasn't a bad performance by any means, Sterling was the brightest part of the night, his ball to Rooney for the cross for Sturridge's goal was spot on. Rooney shouldn't be wide left though, Barkley is threatening to take his place I feel. Wazza should've scored when he had that chance, if he doesn't net in the next 2 games will we start to kill him?

Worrying to see whenever Pirlo got the ball there wasn't anyone within a yard of him 8/10 times, the time and space he had was shocking. You need to kick him or get under his skin!

Must win vs Uruguay now, who hope to have Suarez back.

Back
Top Bottom