Wolfman WR1-OC

Is it just the base plate you have to send back to alter?

Oh and Holyzeus, a few months ago i remember you telling me that your Mongoose beats all your DEs. How do you compare the 2 now?

He likes to adjust the top plate and the base plate together.

I'm not Holyzeus, but my best shaves come from my Alumigoose, followed by the ATT S1 on a Hempel handle. Wolfman probably comes third, which is not what most people say. It will be interesting to see if this changes once I have the more aggressive Wolfman back in my hands.

Thanks for the reply Wintoid. I would probably like to get the gap increased on my Wolfman but unfortunately im not the original owner.

I too find my best shaves are coming from my Alumigoose, so much so that i ordered the ss version from Maggards. Eventhough i really like the S1 (i use Hempel handles on everything!), i find the Wolfman beats it in all aspects. The Wolfman is for me miles more comfortable and just as efficient, also i think its less picky with blades.

Something that annoys me when loading the s1, which im not sure if all slants do as this is my first one which twists the blade, is that the blade seems to load awkwardly. Its hard to explain but when you press the plates together it doesnt easily clamp shut and when tightening the handle it grinds on the base plate before its properly fastened. This doesnt happen with my other razors and i dont overtighten them.

I have a incoming SB and DC with respectively +0,74 and +0,65 gap. The standard SB and OC are among my favorite razors but I want to know if a increased gap is even better. Traded my goose because I prefer to use those blades in my Feather Artist Club razors (probably because I like straights).

Is it just the base plate you have to send back to alter?

Oh and Holyzeus, a few months ago i remember you telling me that your Mongoose beats all your DEs. How do you compare the 2 now?

Have not tried the Wolf yet, getting it later
I don't expect it to be better for me than the Goose but an alternative to it, currently very rarely use a DE

Have not tried the Wolf yet, getting it later
I don't expect it to be better for me than the Goose but an alternative to it, currently very rarely use a DE
It is not better than the Mongoose for me, but like you say an alternative. Very comfortable shaves, and the low profile head is very manouverable. Just requires an extra pass than the Mongoose, but i only have standard gap SB.

Same spec as mine, have you tried a Feather in it?
It is not better than the Mongoose for me, but like you say an alternative. Very comfortable shaves, and the low profile head is very manouverable. Just requires an extra pass than the Mongoose, but i only have standard gap SB.

First use this morning, two passes, didn't have time for a third. Using a 7 o'clock Yellow gave a pretty good shave but not DFS like i'd get from the Goose with two passes.
See how next shave goes

First use this morning, two passes, didn't have time for a third. Using a 7 o'clock Yellow gave a pretty good shave but not DFS like i'd get from the Goose with two passes.
See how next shave goes
Yes i normally have to do 3 and a bit with it but its very smooth. The Mongoose does get the job done more efficiently. When James opens the list back up i will definitely get an increased blade gap variant.

Feather hasn't worked for me, close to a BBS yes but with significant neck irritation
Ouch! Ok i still want to try it but il be very careful. Hope other blades get better for you. Try Kai if you have them, i found they worked well. I was using the ATT still up until i got my Wolfman and i had to really careful with that so i think that helped my technique. But since iv used the Wolfman its given me much smoother and carefree shaves, with a wider variety of blades.

Its calmed down now, at the time the Alum certainly stung! Couple of tiny weepers on the neck
Apart from my neck it was a real close shave though
One thing, the blade was a real pain to load. Closer tolerances/tighter holes on Feathers?

Back
Top Bottom