Wish Me Luck....

chriszacharek said:
pjgh said:
Hippo - I'd need to see more of the razor to give an idea of date. Even then, it's would be an "after 1919" or "after 1930" sort of answer.

It's one I passed on. The aluminium handled ones, I think you said it was called a bathroom set...

Ah, okay, so if I said it was a bathroom set based on your pictures, it will be British and later. Certainly after 1930, since the 1912 was not "British Made" until its release as the "New Improved Ever Ready" in 1930. Late '30s/early '40s, I'd say.

@greyhounddad of course I can, very gentlemanly of you Sir. I'm still looking as we speak. There's a couple in the bay but the price seems to be a bit high :-(

About 20 ish on the bay. Does that sound too much? Mint ish would be good, don't mind a bit of ware and tear, I guess gracefully aged would be a fair aiming point.

UK eBay, prices do seem a little steep - for a 1912 I'd not want to go over £15 for which I'd expect a very presentable, shiny and shave ready example, posted. For around a tenner, I might expect to give it a once over with some metal polish, good clean and so on.

Keep your eyes open ... the right one will come along.

I've just picked up a 1912 in a local shop for £2.00, having passed three ER razors on in the recent past and then reading the reviews I thought I might just have a try.

Just waiting for a pack of blades from Connaught.

Oh dear I may have just accidently bought another ER 1912, just sort of happened, not my fault you understand? The voices told me to!!!

Nice one Midas, I don't think you'll be disappointed :)

Back
Top Bottom