Wish Me Luck....

Wow! Wow! What a great razor! I'm sitting here with a face as smooth as Roger Moore is silk pyjamas!

Strange how it can feel so different from a DE razor when it's essentially the same thing.....oh and that noise...deafening!!

Yep another convert for sure!

BTW Thanks Chris, you've been a star. Yes I'd be interested to try it with a standard handle. I'm guessing that would make it that little bit heavier? Still can't get over the feedback and the noise and the truly old fashioned feel and the smoothness and the great shave and the..... I think you get the picture!

Right off to look for my next 1912?

Oh by the way when would this one date from approximately?

Hippo - I'd need to see more of the razor to give an idea of date. Even then, it's would be an "after 1919" or "after 1930" sort of answer.

I've tried a good few from the GEM and ER range but would warrant that it doesn't get much better than a 1912. I have a couple with curved caps, like the Damaskeene and consider my Gem New De Luxe from 1924 ish to be my favourite - short stubby handle and curved cap. Lovely shave.

Less than a gnat's whisker between that and a regular 1912 though - differences are in the mind of the beholder, in my opinion.

Do consider a 1914 ... my second favourite GEM/ER. If you can get one before Monday, you can join us in a 100 year shave since the 1914 was patented 24/03/1914.

pjgh said:
Hippo - I'd need to see more of the razor to give an idea of date. Even then, it's would be an "after 1919" or "after 1930" sort of answer.

I've tried a good few from the GEM and ER range but would warrant that it doesn't get much better than a 1912. I have a couple with curved caps, like the Damaskeene and consider my Gem New De Luxe from 1924 ish to be my favourite - short stubby handle and curved cap. Lovely shave.

Less than a gnat's whisker between that and a regular 1912 though - differences are in the mind of the beholder, in my opinion.

Do consider a 1914 ... my second favourite GEM/ER. If you can get one before Monday, you can join us in a 100 year shave since the 1914 was patented 24/03/1914.

It's one I passed on. The aluminium handled ones, I think you said it was called a bathroom set...

Oh, and a 1914 is the one I really want next. Love the shape at the back of the head. After obtaining several different types of SE I think you can't really beat the 1912. Might start moving on the others. Anyone got a 14 they want to trade?

Back
Top Bottom