Wickhams News

What a really good idea! Well done Phil you just won a tub of shave soap. 1912 it is, with limited editions of the same soap being 1922, 1932 ect. with scents reflecting the times/period. PM me your address. :)

Excellent! Thank you very much Darron - that's made my day! :) I'm really looking forward to trying it and I'll be sure to place a review when I've given it a run out. Can you reveal the scent you have chosen?

Reactions: Fox
Thanks Darron, that's made my day. I've got a tub of Silkashave and use it in my rotation even though it's probably 60 years old.
8e7c97715e09f5a32a30a4517a8e198b.jpg

PM on the way :D
Wow that's impressive, I have only seen empty bowls. What's the soap like to use? Is there an ingredients list for it?

Excellent! Thank you very much Darron - that's made my day! :) I'm really looking forward to trying it and I'll be sure to place a review when I've given it a run out. Can you reveal the scent you have chosen?
Hi Phil you are welcome, the soap will only come in one signature scent. I have run out of that so you may get another scent that may be used for one of the following years as you suggested. If you like it then it's on the list, I will let you decide.

Wow that's impressive, I have only seen empty bowls. What's the soap like to use? Is there an ingredients list for it?
I couldn't believe my good luck. It's really good soap, not really much scent left, but a classic tallowy soap, that makes a rich, creamy lather. Nothing like an ingredients list though. Here's a test lather I did to help break in a horse hair brush.

Great that Wickhams are making a comeback. The UK artisans are on the rise and it's great to see!
Darron was very kind to send me some of the new 1912 formula for review. Results in the video below.

Believe me when I say, the performance of the new formula is out of this world!!

Great that Wickhams are making a comeback. The UK artisans are on the rise and it's great to see!
Darron was very kind to send me some of the new 1912 formula for review. Results in the video below.

Believe me when I say, the performance of the new formula is out of this world!!

I've used it too and you're not overselling it.

Very enjoyable video Kevy.

Well my Wickhams turned up today. I immediately got it lathered up. I had already shaved so it was just a test lather and what a test lather it was. Soaked the brush, loaded it for about 20-30 secs then onto the EJ bowl and it whipped up a storm. Lovely fragrance too. I'm definitely getting more.

Looks and sounds like it smells totally different to the 1912 sample I got. Interesting stuff. No doubt performs the same excellent way though.

Just a little update on the 1912 hard soap, labels have been designed and are now finalised. Still looking for 1 other scent to round the range up to 6 fragrances altogether.

Testers will receive a tweaked version in the next day or two for last feedback.

Containers have been decided and will be big 100mm wide tubs with a lot of space for lathering straight out of the container. Product will be 150g, though I have not fully worked out the final price. It is expected to be around £12.00

Aromashave project is still moving forward and is still in the sampling of essential oil blends, though it looks like we have some likely candidates.

Thank you to all who have shown Wickhams great support, it is very much appreciated.

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the new soap.

Every blessing
Darron

6.....6 new scented soaps.....plus the Aromashave version????? Oh heck, I had better start clearing out to make some space.....

:) :) :)

So, @Fox, the hard soap 1912 it will be available on... Which month do you expect to sell it, Darron? Is it a tallow one or veggie one? I'm pretty excited with your getting back to the "rumble soaps square". Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom