Wickhams News

I always thought there was a nice ring to 1902, a name which should be revived. Great to hear things are in the pipeline Darron :D

Unfortunately a bit of recent research revealed that Berdoues are using 1902. I'm sure I have seen another person in the US using it for shaving soap or aftershave, I maybe wrong.

Thank's Paul for the encouragement. ;)

Hard soap with soft creamy lather....
If I may borrow an idea from a quintessentially English author and a rather famous yet elusive tipple
Might I suggest
Wickham Soap Co. L.O.G.B.
(Lemon Over Gold Brick)
Except be creative and replace Lemon with some hint of the scent.
And maybe replace the gold brick whilst you're at it...
FbwaG ?
(Fluffy Bunny wrapped around Granite)

<it's late, I'll get my hat and slink off towards the door on the right >

1066 Battle of Hastings
1215 Magna Carta
1687 Newton's Principia Mathematica
1815 Waterloo
1859 Darwin's Origin of Species
1889 Launch of Bovril
1902 Launch of Marmite

Wickhams 1902 Marmite
Yeah.... :cool:

Reactions: Fox
Hard soap with soft creamy lather....
If I may borrow an idea from a quintessentially English author and a rather famous yet elusive tipple
Might I suggest
Wickham Soap Co. L.O.G.B.
(Lemon Over Gold Brick)
Except be creative and replace Lemon with some hint of the scent.
And maybe replace the gold brick whilst you're at it...
FbwaG ?
(Fluffy Bunny wrapped around Granite)

<it's late, I'll get my hat and slink off towards the door on the right >

L.O.G.B
Drop the L and replace with B
B.O.G.B
Drop the G and replace with L
B.O.L.B
Drop the B and replace with D
B.O.L.D

That's not right, I might be restricting my market. I like your thinking though. ;)

How about?

Fox's Rock
Crystal
Vulpecula
Vulpes Vulpes
Hard Fox
Industrial
Durus
Obsidian
Granite
Diamond

Or some variation like Fox's Granite?

There was a soap manufacturer many, many years ago called Dubarry and their shaving soap was called Silkashave.

That's got a nice old fashioned ring to it. What about Smoothashave Heritage soap?

Wickham's Hard as Nails / 'Ard as Nails

BTW I'm currently working through Sheridan's, Sandalwood & Dandyism soaps & I'm loving them! I'm really excited to get my hands on the new formulas. Thanks

There was a soap manufacturer many, many years ago called Dubarry and their shaving soap was called Silkashave.

That's got a nice old fashioned ring to it. What about Smoothashave Heritage soap?
You know I picked up on this and nearly used the name for an American company and also did a twist of it called Aromashave for Paul over at Connaught Shaving. The US name was changed back to Master Lather and our project with Aromashave never quite got off the ground. Send me your address and I will send you a tub for great effort and research on shave soaps past.

Since I was momentarily confused and called 1902 1912, I suggest the new hard soap be called 1912 with each new formula gaining 10 years :)

What a really good idea! Well done Phil you just won a tub of shave soap. 1912 it is, with limited editions of the same soap being 1922, 1932 ect. with scents reflecting the times/period. PM me your address. :)

You know I picked up on this and nearly used the name for an American company and also did a twist of it called Aromashave for Paul over at Connaught Shaving. The US name was changed back to Master Lather and our project with Aromashave never quite got off the ground. Send me your address and I will send you a tub for great effort and research on shave soaps past.

What a really good idea! Well done Phil you just won a tub of shave soap. 1912 it is, with limited editions of the same soap being 1922, 1932 ect. with scents reflecting the times/period. PM me your address. :)
Thanks Darron, that's made my day. I've got a tub of Silkashave and use it in my rotation even though it's probably 60 years old.
8e7c97715e09f5a32a30a4517a8e198b.jpg

PM on the way :D

Back
Top Bottom