Wickham Soap Testers

flip-68 said:
No mention of your English Rose. I think this is a great scent and would be a strong seller. It's a traditional scent so has mainstream appeal.

Any opinions from other testers?

English Rose is on the list of new scents, Ant Tight Buns over on Facebook has a video planed for this scent/soap as he has a huge collection of Rose soaps and he would like to do a comparrisom between them and describe each take on the scent.

I must confess, considering myself a bit of a dude I thought Rose was a scent just for the ladies, and I even turned down a load of Rose aftershave samples as a result of my blinkered thinking. Then I was reading one of my many old books on Britain during the Victorian period recently and came across two descriptions of Shave soaps that were hugely popular in the UK around 1900-10, one was a powder soap of herb/spice scent and the other was a then new cream that came in two scents, one English Rose and the other Parma Violet.

I then started to test different Rose oils in search for a good English Rose. I went through about 7 or 8 scents before I found the one I am now using. It has a wow effect, even for a geezer like me. :D

I do also plan to introduce the British iconic Parma Violet. But this will be part of the 3rd addition of scents which are planed to be introduced in Spring/Summer 2015.

That's great news. I found the scent to be your strongest so far. I was sceptical about rose scents when i first got into DE but once i tried the czech and speake edts i was hooked.

Looking forward to trying the violets!

How is the hardsoap tweaking going?

flip-68 said:
That's great news. I found the scent to be your strongest so far. I was sceptical about rose scents when i first got into DE but once i tried the czech and speake edts i was hooked.

Looking forward to trying the violets!

How is the hardsoap tweaking going?

The hard soap is going well, I have a batch I made up yesterday drying for testing and I plan to make some more this evening.

I hope to start rolling this out this coming week.

Burgundy, I think yu will like this one. :D

mulligano said:
You're discontinuing the Garden Mint? That's a real shame! I'll have to stock up come payday.

Yes sorry Micheal, it's not good for me to keep it going. Most of the changes I am making is so that I can reduce my labour and reduce the price of Super Smooth. It is currently on sale at £12.50 while stocks last, then it will be set at it's new price and hopefully the newer, stronger scents will be launched.

The new hard soap V.2 has been sent out to testers, this week and there will be a second batch of test soap being sent out to the remainder of testers who did not get in on this weeks samples.

D. :D

I tried the hardsoap again tonight and thought it performed fantastically. If this was the final version it would be a damn good soap and worth its place on any shaver's shelf.

I think its a good idea to focus your efforts on a smaller range. Unscented, bayrum, spice trade and the seaspray would be a solid foundation for wickham soap co. Then you could spend more time spreading your name rather than trying to perfect an already very good product

flip-68 said:
I tried the hardsoap again tonight and thought it performed fantastically. If this was the final version it would be a damn good soap and worth its place on any shaver's shelf.

I think its a good idea to focus your efforts on a smaller range. Unscented, bayrum, spice trade and the seaspray would be a solid foundation for wickham soap co. Then you could spend more time spreading your name rather than trying to perfect an already very good product

Hi Phil no you have a newer version coming to you next week, V2. I have improved the aftershave skin conditioning qualities and given it a slightly better amount of slick. The changes are ever so slight that you may not notice them. The largest and most noticeable improvements come with the new scents, they are of a much better quality.

You will be pleased to learn that Southsea Spray will stay though Bay Rum will also be dropped, Club Cola will have a formula change and the new version exhibits more citrus or being more sprightly as someone said.

mulligano said:
You're discontinuing the Garden Mint? That's a real shame! I'll have to stock up come payday.

I think it's a shame that Lavender is going too - it seems to be a staple offering of every maker. Fortunately I think my tub, in rotation, will last me a fair old while.
P.S. Received today 2 more samples - totally unexpected, so thank you Darron. Both are Hard Soap version 2 - Sheridan's and English Rose.
I've not had chance to try one yet and may not shave until the weekend - I'm on leave :icon_razz:
Scent wise I like them both; the rose is subtle - a nice tea rose. Sheridan's, to me, smells like Spice Trade with added citrus. Speaking candidly I prefer the Spice Trade - I would/will definitely buy this if produced: it is absolutely gorgeous.

quite disappointed to hear the bayrum is to be discontinued but the cola cllub is a a solid replacement/alternative - and it's an original Wickham scent :) - i shall cherish what is left of my bayrum tester though!

Thanks for the incoming sampler - will report back next week as i'm away for a few days :)

Two samples arrived with me today which was a nice surprise. Rose and Mr Sheridan's both smell nice. They seem fairly soft so they should press into some bowls I have just emptied tonight. Will shave with then early next week and report back.

Back
Top Bottom