Who likes Ingrams?

I was allergic to Proraso but seem to be fine with Ingram. Its cheap. It does require using a greater amount of cream to obtain the desired effect, but I seem to recall Proraso behaving in the same way. Otherwise it seems fine. I prefer to use this cream with Erasmic soap as a superlather which is excellent. Washing it off with cold water is something every wetshaver should experience.
This is my second tube of this stuff. I think I prefer my erasmic cream which is even cheaper but its certainly well worth trying particularly if you haven't tried methol before.
In my quest for shaving perfection, Ingram was seriously considered as my choice of cream but Erasmic soap and cream is still the stuff to beat.

It's OK, but for a menthol cream I prefer Proraso and for a cheap high street cream I prefer Palmolive or Erasmic. I once had a tube of Ingrams that had turned to a watery mess with lumps in it but the tube I exchanged it for was OK.

pdmayhew said:
Has anyone seen the new Erasmic items yet, it may take some time for the Jordan made cream to run out?

Only the shave gel and the shave oil. The old cream, bowl and stick are still widely available round here.
I've only seen one report of the new cream and stick from an old boy up in Newark.

Pete

Just bought another tube of it today as I lost my previous one somewhere between here and Belgium, and this thread made me think of it when I was in Superdrug. If you can ignore (or, if you want to be perverse, enjoy) the weird smell, it's a wicked cream. As good as anything else easily found on the highstreet - yes, even the Palmolive stick. The non-brushless (brushed?) version works really well with just your hands, so it makes an ace travel cream. If Proraso ever became hard to source here, I would use it in "the main rotation" without any hesitation.

I always have a tube of Ingram, Palmolive and Erasmic in the bathroom.

Ingram gives me the same menthol blast as Noxzema used to do.

Great with a cold water rinse to follow. Tingly.

Ingrams is very well thought of by our transatlantic cousins, check out the messageboards on The Shave Den and Badger and Blade. Pound for pound ir's at the very top of the heap, great tingling and cooling sensation, lather very well.

Back
Top Bottom