Which soap do you most want to try?

Nishy said:
Saw some at a shopping centre this weekend but they want 20 just for the dish. So it was a no

I did have the dish and soap but sold it. Soap is good but the bowl is not very well designed. The soap sits to high and the lather just overflows. The fact that the bowl is nice and shiny demands it's kept like it (to me of course) so it ends up as another cleaning task. Also I found it a bit small.

Maybe a nice wooden bowl from Connaught's would be a solution ... then acquiring the full set (brush, balm, etc.) would not be necessary. :s

Chris.

Randomangle said:
Nishy said:
Saw some at a shopping centre this weekend but they want 20 just for the dish. So it was a no

I did have the dish and soap but sold it. Soap is good but the bowl is not very well designed. The soap sits to high and the lather just overflows. The fact that the bowl is nice and shiny demands it's kept like it (to me of course) so it ends up as another cleaning task. Also I found it a bit small.

Maybe a nice wooden bowl from Connaught's would be a solution ... then acquiring the full set (brush, balm, etc.) would not be necessary. :s

Chris.
I agree, I would rather pay an extra £20 for product but ymmv

Mick,
Take the plunge with MdC. It's gorgeous & given its economy of use, isn't as expensive as you'd think. ( Even given their exorbitant postage costs. I reckon Le postman Pat drives a Bentley. ) Worst ways you can knock it out on here very easily and not lose too much.

pjgh said:
If you grate that soap and soak the shavings in water overnight, press the shavings back into the bowl and discard any excess water it'll be thoroughly usable again ...
:idea:

Not a bad idea that :) I am going to restore the bowl prior to that, as it's been sitting stored since my dad left it to me 5 years ago. It holds a lot of sentiment that bowl, it'll never leave me :)

Back
Top Bottom