Which soap do you most want to try?

MdC is top of my want to try list. I have tried quite a few artisans, and know which ones I prefer. Other than MdC I don't think there is any other soaps I want to try.

themadremmy said:
Agreed. MdC and le Pere Lucien are the best I have tried. I prefer the MdC scent.

Which scent did you try? I have the 'unscented' however it's anything but - there is a prevalent natural scent. Although I believe this is somewhat false advertisement, it's nice enough so I shan't complain.

I am going to Paris in a few months so I'll definitely try to purchase the other two versions of MdC if I find a store that stocks it. If one MdC lasts 18 months, I would be set for almost 5 years!

Dave Q said:
MdC is top of my want to try list. I have tried quite a few artisans, and know which ones I prefer. Other than MdC I don't think there is any other soaps I want to try.

Before I tried the MdC I wanted to explore with Catie's Bubbles, Wickham, RazoRock etc but now I own the MdC I have no desire to buy another soap (apart from the other versions of MdC). I'm hoping in the long run, it will actually save me money!

themadremmy said:
I have an unscented jar with a sample of the traditional scent on top. I haven't smelled the fougere yet.
How would you describe the difference between the original and unscented. Is the original the same but stronger or is there more to it?

Garry's sample shop might be a viable option - I don't know how much the shipping would kill the deal - but you can get, I believe, MdC slices for USD 8 there along with a number of other products.
http://sampleshop.blogspot.com/

Darkbulb said:
Garry's sample shop might be a viable option - I don't know how much the shipping would kill the deal - but you can get, I believe, MdC slices for USD 8 there along with a number of other products.
http://sampleshop.blogspot.com/

I don't know exactly how much they charge for shipping but I feel that it's probably better to buy the whole soap from MdC and sell it on BST if you don't like it. MdC products seem to hold their value very well.

pjgh said:
Having picked up my wish list topper, vintage Old Spice, MDC Fougere or L'Occitane (just for the Spaceship dish) is probably now up there as most pressing ...

... and just bought MDC Fougere from the BST :D

So, L'Occitane is now top of my list ... which I've suggested to Mrs that she might like to get me that with the accompanying Plisson brush for someone's special day, but that is some time off.

They do ... while were in Harrogate the other day, we were in the L'Occitane shop and I saw the dish, thought to myself, "that's a bargain" ... to discover that was just for the dish!

No point having the dish without the soap ... and no point having the soap without the brush ... get's expensive.

Boellis Panama
Nanny's
Prof Blighty
Klar Kabinett
Speick

To name a few.

But there is a self imposed embargo on the lather purchases for the rest of the year... so they will have to wait.

Tried Wickham's today, I would say it lived up to expectations. Not the biggest fan of the scent (Southsea Spray) but if there was one that I liked I would definitely keep it in my den.

Back
Top Bottom