Which Cream would you go for?

Fido said:
I hate reading these threads. I have enough stuff to last a lifetime and still there are more tempting suggestions here. Down, Fido. How am I going to walk past The Body Shop tomorrow?

Peter, you know you can claim it as a tax deduction using the entitlement justification of "auxillary brush development material".
Alternatively walk right past The Body Shop with strong resolve and when you get home, send an email to Paul at Connaught Shaving and ask him if he still has any Yardley Gold cream. :twisted:

How does that Pink Floyd song go ?.....
"There's no way out of here when you come in your in for good "

My favourite creams at the moment:

Body Shop Maca Root - this stuff is the slickest & slipperiest cream invented, full stop.
Cyril Salter Indian Sandalwood - beautiful scent (IMHO)
Omega (which is identical to Proraso, according to the labels on both which I checked again tonight)
Ingram - cooling menthol kick
Arko Commando - nice, slightly floral scent
Palmolive Original - cheap but bloody good stuff

Avoid: TOBS Lemon & Lime - smells like a cheap washing-up liquid.

lagaffe said:
Cyril Salter Indian Sandalwood - beautiful scent (IMHO)

+1 same as the Bee & Flower sandalwood soap, which I was once given by a chap who fancied me. Lovely stuff (the B&F; blokes aren't my sort of thing - at least not in that way.)

Andsomebodyspoke said:
Fido said:
I hate reading these threads. I have enough stuff to last a lifetime and still there are more tempting suggestions here. Down, Fido. How am I going to walk past The Body Shop tomorrow?

Peter, you know you can claim it as a tax deduction using the entitlement justification of "auxillary brush development material".
Alternatively walk right past The Body Shop with strong resolve and when you get home, send an email to Paul at Connaught Shaving and ask him if he still has any Yardley Gold cream. :twisted:

How does that Pink Floyd song go ?.....
"There's no way out of here when you come in your in for good "

Resistance was futile. And I didn't go to Southampton as planned. Guess the shop which is next door to Cafe Nero in Winchester!

And samples of facial scrub and razor relief clinched it.

Maca.jpg

Rev-O said:
It seems that between us we have mentioned just about every cream. Just to bring the list a step closer to completion can I add Truefitt & Hill - particularly the Ultimate Comfort.

Fitjar Honey is delicious.

Henk's is great (sandalwood and tallow - two of my favourite things)

The U/C cream is right up there, i have their Almond cream as well and id put these above the other two T's and Harris. They literally explode with lather and its really cushioning with the added slippage ( :? ) as well.

JohnnyO said:
As the big guy in our gymn always says after a set of heavy squats ........ "There is no finishing line".

JohnnyO. :geek:

I read that as "there is no fishing line" and thought it was a Zen koan.

Seriously though, what a way to live. I have lots of finishing lines: bed time, my day off, an aim or goal or target, or sometimes simply when I had enough.

What an arsey thing to say. Although *I* won't be telling that to the big guy in the gymn. Not bloody likely.

I guess that Brian is more referring to progressive weight training than staying up late. It's got him from Dumbarton to competing in the World's Strongest Man competitions, so I'll just be like the Rev & refrain from passing comment on his training philosophy when next I see him.

JohnnyO. :roll:

Damian Murphy said:
I like the Indian Godrej lime cream , nice

Gasp !!!!!

Blasphemer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we are discussing KMF and Yardley Gold and you sir have the unmitigated audacity to mention Godrej in the same breathe !

Blasphemey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are hereby sentenced to spend the rest of your days in Ireland surrounded by a thousand beautiful women and ten thousand well stocked pubs !

Let that be a lesson to you sir !

RB73 said:
The U/C cream is right up there, i have their Almond cream as well and id put these above the other two T's and Harris. They literally explode with lather and its really cushioning with the added slippage ( :? ) as well.

I don't think I'll be trying any cream that literally explodes :shock:

Andsomebodyspoke said:
Damian Murphy said:

Gasp !!!!!

Here we are discussing KMF and Yardley Gold and you sir have the unmitigated audacity to mention Godrej in the same breathe !

You are hereby sentenced to spend the rest of your days in Ireland surrounded by a thousand beautiful women and ten thousand well stocked pubs !

No need to take it out on me....... not my fault KMF and Yardley are'nt as good as Godrej. :lol:

Damian Murphy said:
Andsomebodyspoke said:
Damian Murphy said:

Gasp !!!!!

No need to take it out on me....... not my fault KMF and Yardley are'nt as good as Godrej. :lol:

O.K. my friend, make that two thousand women and twenty thousand well stocked pubs !
( If there's one thing I know ho to deal with it's impertinence ! )

Back
Top Bottom