Which Cream would you go for?

having recently saved some cash i was wondering on a shaving cream to use with my R89 and the red personnas
which i borrowed and really prefer to the derbys,

I have been using the real shaving co tub shaving cream limited edition i picked up in poundland but was wondering about
trying another shaving cream for a change,

the Cyril R Salter Luxury Shaving Cream on Badger&hone seemed a nice buy? But not sure on the fragrance

Any suggestions?

i notice that if i search google for the Badger&hone site these guys are at the front of the listings
did i mean Badgerphone :?: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/badgerphone

Summertime = Proraso

I'm thinking of another Summertime cream to buy and I can't make up my mind between this lot.

AoS Lemon Cream, Vulfix Sicilian Lime, T&H WI Limes.

So if anybody can shed some light on any of this lot I'd be grateful.

My favourites at the moment are:

Trumpers Violet
ToBS Rose
Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad
Ingram
Boots Cool Cologne
SCS Oakmoss and Lavendula
SCS Sun Bleached Wood

All excellent performers IMHO :shave

No mention of Sopalchemist's Soft Soap/Cream ?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nannyssillysoap.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nannyssillysoap.co.uk</a><!-- m -->

So it's a cream you are after?

If you want to indulge and pamper yourself with just about the finest cream around, go for Castle Forbes Lavender. It is superb. It's £20 plus delivery but will last a long time. It is a 200ml pot.

Quite close but a lot cheaper is the TOBS range. I particularly like the Mr Taylor scent - old fashioned barber shop - whatever that means! Usually about £7 for a 150ml pot.

Enjoy your search.

Why not get a sample pack from Trumpers for £5?

Mine arrived today with 4 cream samples, shower cream, 7 cologne testers and 2 samples of skin food.

I have Proraso and really want it to be a cooling summer cream but to be honest I find more of a kick from Ingrams tube. I will persevere with it meantime.

Whilst not a cream as such I really like Cella which is more of a soft soap. I find the marzipan smell lovely.

I'd highly recommend Sharon's (Soapalchemist) 'Exotic' (as I have in the 'soap' section), very protective, sandalwoody scent with a quality lather. And pretty good value when it comes to cost too.

+1 again to Nanny's soft shave soaps.

Early today, I was thinking about the fact that I can't ever remember any reviews, or even mentions of Vulfix creams (I haven't tried any yet - their soap that I got with my Olde Worlde scuttle stank to hi perdition and cranked my headache up to about 14 out of 10) ... now, at least two folks recommend them in this thread... woot.

Nanny's soft soaps are very good. I left mine in my bag in a staff apartment while i came offshre for a couple of days. Twenty days later & i am jonesing big time for some of Nanny's.

Fitjar creams are fantastic as well, if you dont mind dropping a few quid.

I am a big fan of Proraso as well.

Fido said:
S
If you want to indulge and pamper yourself with just about the finest cream around, go for Castle Forbes Lavender. It is superb. It's £20 plus delivery but will last a long time. It is a 200ml pot.

Big +1. I have the Limes and it's absolutely freaking amazing - without doubt in the top 2 shaving products to date - and I'm a soap user! :mrgreen:

Don't let the price fool you. You get a lot of cream, and it's really hard and concentrated it will last a year. I use it like a soap, swirl in the tub then face lather.

Can't wait to try the Lavender.

Divine!

John

Current favorites here are:

Castle Forbes Lavender
Cella (not really a cream or a soap but just brilliant)
Trumper's Coconut
TOBS Lavender
TOBS Rose
Body shop Maca Root

Ian

Back
Top Bottom