Where is gone the milkman?

Not only remember the Milkman but also the Iceman; Chickenman; and Ragman(with horse and wagon).

(Flashback to the 'chopping block' in the backyard. Wonder what happened to it?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You pay a lot more for delivery but you're getting a service and supporting local business and dairies.

Absolutely and the same reasons which have us continue to use a milkman. Another 4am delivery here. Some parts of the service haven't changed together with the same electric float.

Vive la milkman

A combination of kids/walk of shame people stealing the milk, birds taking a liking to the cream on top and pecking through the cap, the emergence of longer shelf life milk like cravendale and supermarkets putting the dairies out of business selling massively cheaper.
Ironically the supermarkets are now pushing home delivery services which they were instrumental in destroying.......

Bloody hate the thing![emoji24]
I live in a street with about three or four clients of the local float. He comes at 5.00 in the morning in his diesel powered van and the radio blasting rap music wakes everyone up and blast off to disturb the next street. Him and the newspaper delivery at 6.00 am can both go to where the sun don't shine as far as I concerned[emoji34][emoji34][emoji34]

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

We still have a milk man. A few years back our old milk man who used to come at about 7.00am retired and simultaneously they went all high tech. Whereas before we left weekly payment in an envelope stuffed in the bottle, now we pay online. Whereas before if we wanted to change the order or cancel for a holiday, we just put a note in the bottle, now we have to do it online, on a not particularly user friendly website. New milkman comes in the early hours of the morning and I have never seen him!
Still, it makes me feel a little virtuous that glass bottles are being reused rather than adding to plastic, and it keeps someone in employment. It would just be nicer if I saw him now and again. You're paying for personal service but there is no human interaction at all. And who knows, if I saw him I could me a missus running away from it all - or should that be floating away. Did you see what I did there?? :)

It's his fault....
Benny+Hill+-+Ernie+(The+Fastest+Milkman+In+The+West)+-+5%22+CD+SINGLE-218404.jpg
Classic..:D:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom