Where is gone the milkman?

I'm pretty sure the practice of hiring school kids was banned.

I think that's dependent on the bye-laws. Some places it's banned entirely and other places it's allowed as long as certain safety measures are took such as a seat, with seatbelt, upfront and not perched on the back among the crates as they used to be!

We still have our Milk delivered- delighted to do so for so many reasons.

Sadly the 'float' is a converted transit pick-up. However I keep the Electric Milk Floats alive in my own way- I drive a Nissan Leaf Tekna ev every day! Me, green? Not on your nelly- just enjoy fun and free motoring!

Last edited:
I remember the 'pop man' although to us it was the Bon Accord juice van. You could get everything-ade. Limeade, pineappleade, orangeade, appleade and this unusual, new-fangled stuff called lemonade. Crikey, you could prolly get scrotumade if ye wanted it. Red kola, ordinary cola too and even these dodgy, multiple E number and every-colourant-under-the-sun, milk shakes. Man, I used to think those E numbers were vitamins, "Here, look at this yin Maw, yon's really guid fer ye, s'goat 17 kinds o' vitamin E in it!"

Aye, mail order. Send away an order slip with a cheque and sometime later that year, your stuff arrived. Oh the anticipation or was that just indigestion?

I remember when the postman came in the morning - twice! Lucky fecker....:rolleyes:

We have the old 3 wheeler delivering milk to us. Absolutely brilliant, there have been occasions where a quick call make has resulted in a sudo family meal being able to be made. This is the kind of friendly local service that we all need. one issue is that I did nearly back into him from my drive as I didn't hear him coming!

Back
Top Bottom