Where am I going wrong?

Here's my current setup...

20160707_143315_resized.jpg

Ok, the Cif cleaner exfoliates well and I thought would make a reasonable pre-shave. the Asda washing up liquid provides a slick soap when applied with my oversized brush, followed by 4 or 5 passes with the Kukri blade. I complete with a splash of De-solve it (very citrus, so I thought it would make the ideal post-shave astringent)...I then apply a light rub of the washing up liquid as a post shave balm.

Why the hell am I still getting furious razor burn and loads of nicks?

The kukri isn't working for you because you neglect to inflict the statutory minor nick at the end if each shave. Remember, you must draw blood every time you draw that type of blade. Otherwise looks goodly to me.

JohnnyO. o/

PS. Remember, with a kukri, any nick less than ear to ear just doesn't count !

I think you obviously need to ditch the Asda washing-up liquid.

Have you considered using one of the new artisan washing up liquids made with the finest tallow and pure Himalayan mountain water? The scent will be like getting a slap of an old lady's handbag to the face and will burn your skin to bits but you'll never experience glide and cushion like it. An absolute bargain at $50 plus another $50 postage and customs.

I think you obviously need to ditch the Asda washing-up liquid.

Have you considered using one of the new artisan washing up liquids made with the finest tallow and pure Himalayan mountain water? The scent will be like getting a slap of an old lady's handbag to the face and will burn your skin to bits but you'll never experience glide and cushion like it. An absolute bargain at $50 plus another $50 postage and customs.

Now we're working with gas!...At last someone with a real in-depth knowledge of the deepest shaving arts...could I take a shortcut and just nick my Gran's handbag? Oh...problem...no grans left. Bugger...this shaving lark's a pain sometimes.
The search for the sublime goes on.

Your problem is you are not using a NOS twin blade. Must cost a small fortune in import fees. Hey, but will make you feel like a shaving God and your shave will be transformed. Other than that; looking good with the setup. Maybe a small shave den tour? o_O

Back
Top Bottom