Where am I going wrong?

Here's my current setup...

20160707_143315_resized.jpg

Ok, the Cif cleaner exfoliates well and I thought would make a reasonable pre-shave. the Asda washing up liquid provides a slick soap when applied with my oversized brush, followed by 4 or 5 passes with the Kukri blade. I complete with a splash of De-solve it (very citrus, so I thought it would make the ideal post-shave astringent)...I then apply a light rub of the washing up liquid as a post shave balm.

Why the hell am I still getting furious razor burn and loads of nicks?

I think you obviously need to ditch the Asda washing-up liquid.

Have you considered using one of the new artisan washing up liquids made with the finest tallow and pure Himalayan mountain water? The scent will be like getting a slap of an old lady's handbag to the face and will burn your skin to bits but you'll never experience glide and cushion like it. An absolute bargain at $50 plus another $50 postage and customs.

I think you obviously need to ditch the Asda washing-up liquid.

Have you considered using one of the new artisan washing up liquids made with the finest tallow and pure Himalayan mountain water? The scent will be like getting a slap of an old lady's handbag to the face and will burn your skin to bits but you'll never experience glide and cushion like it. An absolute bargain at $50 plus another $50 postage and customs.

Now we're working with gas!...At last someone with a real in-depth knowledge of the deepest shaving arts...could I take a shortcut and just nick my Gran's handbag? Oh...problem...no grans left. Bugger...this shaving lark's a pain sometimes.
The search for the sublime goes on.

Back
Top Bottom