What's your favorite spirit?

I like a peaty malt or failing that any single malt!

I'm going try some rum experimentation now though, been thinking about it lately, must be something that has kicked in with my genes as I've got older as my grandad was a lover of dark rum.

Oban single malt for me. It's a great whiskey but also brings back memories of having missed the boat to Mull and spending an unexpectedly enjoyable day touring the town and especially the distillery. I also like Dalwhinie and Auchentoshan, but they are 'just' great drinks :)

Laphroaig quarter cask, Macallan, Glenmorangie, Suntory Yamazaki, Remi Martin, Tanqueray Rangpur are the most memorable. Also can't go wrong with some good Swiss absinth blance. Oh, and home-made Slovak slivovica! And my own honey mead when I used to make it.

Had 'proper' Slivovitch when I was in Bosnia. Only had a cap full and that was enough. Mates lost 48 hrs on it. One was found crawling round in just his pants even though he was Jockanese and a well-seasoned drinker.

Sv: What's your favorite spirit?

I think my favourite spirit would be a islay whisky. A 15 year old Caol Ila is fair priced and taste like a expensive spirit. Very round and smoky flavour.

Arrowhead said:
In first place Lagavulin.

Thereafter, in no particular order: Ardbeg, MacAllan, Arran cask strength, Caol Ila, and a special mention for the under-rated bargain known as Abelour.

I'm also partial to absinthe on a very occasional basis; brandy, gin, vodka and the rest I can take or leave.

The Isley bunch, a man after my own heart!

Bought a bottle of Bacardi Oakheart Spiced rum from Asda last week reduced to £12 from about £18 I think. Tried it with some ginger ale in which would is nice as a long Summer drink. However as with a single malt whisky I prefer to sip these neat and its very drinkable with a strong vanilla hit to it.

Back
Top Bottom