What's your favorite spirit?

Shamelessly taking inspiration from whiterosegent's beer thread. List your favorite spirits.

The Macallan 18yo Single Malt
Benedictine
Russian Standard Gold Vodka
El Jimador "100 de Agave" Tequila

I'm not a heavy drinker, honest! I just think variety is the spice of life (same philosophy I apply to razors as it happens).

In first place Lagavulin.

Thereafter, in no particular order: Ardbeg, MacAllan, Arran cask strength, Caol Ila, and a special mention for the under-rated bargain known as Abelour.

I'm also partial to absinthe on a very occasional basis; brandy, gin, vodka and the rest I can take or leave.

Springbank 21yo
Ardbeg (1974 if I can get my mits on it, failing that as old as I can afford)
Port Ellen (sadly defunct, now home to the Islay maltings)
Bruichladdich
Caol Ila
Lagavulin
Bunnahabhainn
Penderyn Peaty

You may spot a bit of a pattern there :)

Wood's 100 Rum

The rest of the spirit spectrum are ok for cooking though ;)

Laphroaig, Ardbeg, Caol Isla, Bowmore, Glenfarclas............more or less any single malt.

Bombay Sapphire, Sloane's Gin - with a decent tonic.

Havana Club, Havana Club 7 year old.

You can keep the vodka.

My Mum gave me a (litre) bottle of Glen Garioch Founders Reserve Highland Single Malt a few days ago...

Just having a snifter now, straight, no ice and WOW - it's powerful stuff (48%).
Bloody lovely it is too :D

Thanks Mum !!!

FR.jpg

I am usually partial to a drop of Bruichladdich and Suntory Yamazaki 12yo - the Japanese whisky is actually very good !

Ardbeg
Lagavulin
Talisker
JW Black
Elijah Craig
King's Ginger Liqueur - my Yule treat to myself each year

Sorry- Not big on the "Top Shelf" ......... but I do like a bit of Oirish whiskey! Brother-in-law is from the Emerald Isle and I occasionally receive a bottle or two!

I'm also partial to rum. I went to Antigua a few years ago and came back with a bottle of Antiguan rum for my pop. I'd never drunk rum before, he tried it and declared it to be the best rum he'd ever tasted, would I like to try some? liked it!

Otherwise.......... it's beer or cider for me..........

antdad said:
Aged rum is my preference for a pure sip.

Santa Teresa 1796 or Diplomatico Reserva

What's doin Tony,

Yeah, that's one of the few distilled spirits I enjoy. Might I suggest either Zaya or Ron Zacapa...both nice sipping rums.

Martin

Any single barrel bourbons. Blantons or Woodford Reserve are current favourites.

Ron Caldas Colombian Rum- a good splash over ice topped with the juice of half an orange.

Back
Top Bottom