What's your favorite spirit?

Funny you should say that Fozz, I was literally just looking for an decent under the radar bourbon.

McAffee's Benchmark No 8 seems very priced for 8 year old bourbon, don't know what it's like but I'm going to try it.

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-1012.aspx

http://whiskyreviews.blogspot.com/2010/11/160-mcafees-benchmark-bourbon.html

I'll look into those rums Martin.

Jack_Daniels_Logo.jpg

snow_queen_2.jpg

Ron-Barcelo-Imperial.jpg

Wow,
There's a lot of peated malt fans here!
This is very exciting. I'm a massive peated fan too.

I wholeheartedly recommend the new Jura expressions.
Notably Jura Superstition (lightly peated and often found in supermarkets) and Jura Prophecy (heavily peated, harder to find)

Favourite Isla's include Ardbeg, Bowmore (especially "marine"), caol ila, and Lagavulin.

Absolute favourite of all time was the 97 Balblair, no longer available sadly.

Also love Arran and Dalmore.

Pride of my collection is an unopened bottle of Tomatin Decades.
This was a special bottling to celebrate the master distillers 50th year at Tomatin. They allowed him to pick his favourite casks from the previous 50 years and make a special "blend" (although strictly its still a single malt because it's all from the same distillery).
I had the fortune to try some of this at the Whisky show in London last year and bought a bottle. That night it won best whisky in the world at an event in Copenhagen I think.
It's going to remain unopened.

Very good point.
I think it will go up in value.
Plus my Dad bought one too.
So we decided one will be drunk when we get time together, and the other will sit and hopefully make money!

My Dad had 2 bottles of Macallan 78 I think. He paid about £40 for each about 25 years ago. This turned out to be his favourite whisky. At the whisky show he was offered £2,500 for his 2nd unopened bottle, which sadly had been opened about 12 months earlier.

I like a nice single malt, although I am no connoisseur. Old Pulteney is a favourite, but I like most of them really.
Just lately I have been focussing on Gin, I hated it when I was younger, but I now really enjoy a good G&T. There are lots of different Gins about, Hendricks being my favourite.
My real passion is beer though, good honest beer made by brewers who care about flavour. Hops rule.....

Back
Top Bottom