What's the best tea you can get in UK supermarket?

Hi Dodgy,

Its a fair point, but posting this on a site when we're all doing the same about razors, brushes, soaps, balms and aftershaves seems a bit redundant.

Hi there,

Ok, you got me,

Exactly what are you saying again? Hah, I guess it ain't good but it's something I can't figure out.

Probably just me, being old and such, but maybe there's a Limey thing going on. Can you splain it again, but slower?

Martin

Yorkshire Gold is rather good as is plain old Yorkshire Tea but as has been mentioned, get the loose leaf variants. They are better by far. My own favourite is Ringtons Northumbrian Blend which although not available in supermarkets, is similarly priced to blends found there. Ringtons have a fortnightly/four-weekly home delivery service which calls round much like the 'fish man' if any of you still get such things. See here: http://www.ringtons.co.uk/

Hi,

Although is something a bit strange for a Spanish guy, I usually prefer English brand teas over coffee, and I usually drink a one or two mugs per day.

I tried some time ago Yorshire tea in loose leafs, but I didn't like much the taste... Strange for me, maybe I don't have the costume or whatever... I prefer more commercial ones (sorry!) like PG Tips or Typhoo for my daily mug, which curiously are easy to find in Spanish supermarkets since a couple of years ago.

But I have another special blends for the weekend in loose leafs like Chai tea with indian spices or Moroccan (gunpowder green tea with spearmint).

To be honest, I usually add some milk to my mug, which can "eat" some of the flavour...

Just my cup of tea ;-)

Actually from memory, magic mushroom tea tasted ruddy awful but the effects, shall we say, were somewhat more 'interesting' than the typical morning pick me up.....swap yer caffeine for some psilocybin?

I could poke the microwave with my finger and I swear it wobbled like a jelly! Knew a chap once who had a disagreeable cuppa - had the face of Hermann Munster stuck in front of him for four hours!

Not a lot to choose from over here in Sweden but actually found a shop in nearby Malmö selling Yorkshire tea so will give it a try side by side with my usual sold everywhere Liptons Yellow Label (tea bags).

As so often on this forum I feel either weird or inadequate. Obviously no one else enjoys Builders Tea so much that when our local supermarket stopped selling it I bought a catering size bag online. Saves having to add crumbled brick dust to blends like Yorkshire to give them the desired colour and texture for a strong cup of tea.

JohnnyO. o/

Hi there,

Ok, you got me,

Exactly what are you saying again? Hah, I guess it ain't good but it's something I can't figure out.

Probably just me, being old and such, but maybe there's a Limey thing going on. Can you splain it again, but slower?

Martin

Hi there,

Ok, you got me,

Martin

Hi Martin, I meant no offence, just saying that you laughing at us for nominating our favourite tea is the same as we're all doing on this site but with our favourite razors, brushes and aftershaves. We all like to talk about our favorite stuff.

Regards Agidius

Back
Top Bottom