What's the best tea you can get in UK supermarket?

I've only tasted the PG tea here, and in France, the prominent English brand available in supermarkets is Twinings, but I've been told by Brits that it might be the worst...

So what is the best tea I can get here in Asda or Sainsbury's for instance?

Teapigs (pricy) but the bags are hand crafted from silk or sumink. Yorkshire Tea and Clipper are totally krunk as well.
(Krunk means good, I am from the 80's)
I like Barry's Tea too..not sure if you can get it in the UK... 'tis from the Emerald Isle.

Greetings

There are as many ideas and views on the 'best' tea as there are on the best razor.

My personal view is Tesco's finest Assam, it's a fairly strong full bodied tea but it 'stews' fairly quickly if left too long in the pot, certainly quicker than lighter teas but I suppose that's true with all stronger flavoured teas.

I drink it with a good deal of milk although I prefer stronger flavoured tea I don't like it like creosote!

Regards
Dick.

Main thing that 'mericans don't realise is that you need boiling water to make tea; not something that comes out of a hot-water jug. Brew for a few minutes and add fresh milk (not almond milk or other such weirdness).
Do the above and you'll have tea anymuch better than you'll find in the US.

OK. Big consensus for Yorkshire Tea then.

LN_027015_BP_11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom