What's the best tea you can get in UK supermarket?

Oh! no you don't! You need boiling water to bring out the tannin in the tea so much favoured in UK - why Yorkshire Tea and tea bags are so popular. 90C makes tea very well indeed but without releasing so much tannin. Yorkshire tea drinkers wouldn't like this, I don't suppose for one second! But you could try it.
Red Bush or mint tea I do at 90c, but normal tea is always at 100c.

Freshly boiled water, straight on top of the Ringtons tea bag. I don't take milk but if you do let the bag infuse for at least 3 mins before adding the cow juice. I have mine black and leave the bag in. I don't think you can beat Ringtons tea. They still deliver it to your door .

Barry's is quite widely available (even my local poky, rural little Asda for local people has it) - but I gravitate towards Waitrose own-brand.
Blimey! Never knew that! My Dad (who is Irish) used to bring it back when he visited my grandparents, when I was a kid.
I have to say I have never shopped in Asda so maybe that's why I never saw it...thanks for the info

I looked at a mug of Yorkshire once, tentatively sniffed it - and decided I was better off being thirsty.

Due respect to those who like it, just not for me - not my cuppa tea.

Main thing that 'mericans don't realise is that you need boiling water to make tea; not something that comes out of a hot-water jug.
Oh I get it now... It took me a few years but I finally got it. :D
We only buy PG Tips now. Typhoo and Twinnings were briefly tried then given away. I haven't tried Yorkshire tea but now I'm intrigued.
I'm still partial to sweet peach ICED tea when I'm visiting the southern states. ;)

Back
Top Bottom