What was great 25 + years ago....

This.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88y4ttqaW6U[/video]

Me and my brother thought that this was awesome, but a few years a go it was shown on TV again, and it was unbelievably shite.

Ian

pugh-the-special-one said:
CRT Televisions VHS players VHS tapes and Mini Hi Fi systems were great 25 years ago, but now looking back at that technology got to say it was a pile of fucking crap.

To be fair I think we knew VHS was crap back then ;)

I forgot this was the tech forum. Er, floppy discs, hard drives that crashed if you looked at them wrong, ear-splitting dot-matrix printers, cars with points and distributors that needed the timing setting up using a strobe light. TV with only four channels...

Things that were actually better back then: TVs where the channel changed instantly when you pressed the button, no annoying satellite delay like you get with digital. Nice heavy computer keyboards that made a loud clacking noise as you typed. Sally James.

garfield_stuck-on-you-doll_car-recadre-300x298.jpg

You're right about VHS. Betamax was a superior format, but Sony (typically) wanted to keep control over it, whereas JVC let anybody and everybody use their VHS format. Hence, VHS became number 1 and Betamax became almost extinct.

Ian

Spending 2 weeks putting programme code in my Speccy 16k to get at the end of it a picture of the union jack. What was very shit though, was spending 2 weeks putting all the programme code in, pressing return, and getting syntax error!

Back
Top Bottom