What was great 25 + years ago....

but is shit now.

Scalextric...wait a minute that was always shit.

The Six Million Dollar Man but then Lee Majors did the fcuking Fall Guy, what a crock.

Battle of the Planets, G - Force Guardians of Space. Yay! (Not the hamsters)

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acOnskcyrtA[/video]

I think I just liked the horn section on that theme tune.

... and in 25 years (well, less) the PS/4 is going to look like an empty box of matches with some peanuts in.

You know what? 25 years ago, I was grooving in dirty underground goth clubs to the grind of Leeds' finest drum machine bands. They were the days! They were MY '60s ... or '30s, or 1880s.

Rose tinted specs are the best invention of the 20th Century, and if you have a pair keep 'em close. Yes, it is shit now ... and going to get shitter. We've had our Woodstock, our Altamont, our Isle of Wight ... the next lot will be wide eyed and grinning, then they'll be crest-fallen, then we'll get OUR time again, if only in memory.

Shoulda said things that you thought were great when you were 10 but are so unbelievably shit 30 years later when you try and relive the memory.

Sure was ...

Dang, I came over all Yank, there ...

Damn! I did it again ...

We had a certain fondness of the US through the '80s. Aside from their passion for white socks, which were a bit g'hey back then, we thought of them as a cool and forward nation where you could get anything, and everything was available. How times have changed.

Get back to 1985 ... 'Back to the Future' ... now there's a lovely piece of escapism that is as good today as it was then ...

The Peter Gabriel Sledgehammer music video I thought was incredible circa 25 years ago. Then I saw the first CGI credits of Doctor Who and it blew my mind having never seeing or never remember seeing computers as anything other than digital clocks. I was five when they introduced those credits back in 87 but remember seeing them in 1989.

Back
Top Bottom