What was great 25 + years ago....

25 years ago, I studied Computer Science in Enschede (Netherlands). It is amazing how relevant some of the things I learned back then are still nowadays, given how fast technology moved. Algorithm theory, calculus, discrete mathematics, and statistical analysis are still relevant nowadays.

We had two computers at Tech College that could display "graphics". One of the chaps on my A Level Computer Science course wrote that popular screensaver known as "Bouncing Balls". You know, the one where the balls bounce around the screen? I made it into XSaver, or whatever the UNIX XWindows screen saver program was called ...

25 years ago ...

That chick from 2Unlimited looked a lot better :D

Acid House music and the famous smiley hit the UK :icon_wink:

Some of the best days of my life, I still live and breath House...
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q10CMsF9gFE[/video]

joe mcclaine said:
BigBoar said:
James '007' Bond. Before brooding became cool, camp was king.

Yep, if it's camp you're after, then Roger Moore's Bond is hard to beat. Difficult to see him playing the character from the books ... a complex, tough, moody loner.

I agree, bit like Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher. Part of me died inside when I saw that film.

Nutty bars, Texan Bars, Cabana bars.......Airwolf is still brilliant!!

BigBoar said:
joe mcclaine said:
BigBoar said:

Yep, if it's camp you're after, then Roger Moore's Bond is hard to beat. Difficult to see him playing the character from the books ... a complex, tough, moody loner.

I agree, bit like Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher. Part of me died inside when I saw that film.

I loved the Moore era, the films were good, certainly better than his successor! Completely agree with Jack Reacher, some producers should be banned from going near most scripts!

A bit older than 25, but seeing the Professionals again, it's surprising how thrown together it all looks compared to today's slick productions. It's the quality of the acting that carries the whole thing, and it's still a good watch.

So around 1990? The sort of music I liked then such as

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvSy4wWdeVc[/video]

sounds quite simple and raw today, but still magic :)

BigBoar said:
joe mcclaine said:
BigBoar said:

Haha.

Back
Top Bottom