What shaving products are you planning to buy?

That Vie Long brush looks fantastic Alexander! My obsession has moved on to brushes it would seem. I want a Shavemac (the Americana looks marvelous) and an Epsilon Horse Hair. Is it nearly Christmas?
Hi Barry, I saw that brush first on images @nolisco and @Wayne Pritchard posted some weeks ago on the SOTD thread and it was love from first sight. Although some say it is a small brush in size with only a 20mm knot, I have seen some youtube shaving videos and it seems big enough for me.

Vie Long offering that brush with brown or white horse hair and also with two different handles, same in design but with different woods. There are also different opinions about which horse hair is softer, the brown or the white one.
The Shavemac Americana is also a very beautiful shaving brush. ;):)

Last edited:
For those who have observed my mixed relationship with the Palmolive Stick over the last year, you may be surprised to hear that I am buying half a dozen sticks this weekend.

This is partially because I will be going near a Wilko (they stock it at 50p) and since noticing the refomulation of the Lea stick recently, I can't trust the big cosmetics firms to leave a good formula alone. Besides, it's heading towards winter now and I like using this soap as it matches the depressing, cold, rainy, blustery days that lie ahead.

I think I'll swing by Wilko or Superdrug and pick up some of the Palmo shave sticks, I'm really liking the shave cream so I'll give the stick a go.

Superdrug have also got Ingram Menthol shave cream for less than 2 quid so I'll pick that up as well.

There's plenty I'd like to buy, but the things I'll actually buy in the (hopefully) not too distant future are as follows;
Wickham Club Cola balm.
P&B Imperial Rum soap (again).
Bleu de Chanel edp.

For now...

Good choices! Especially as we have just introduced Wickham Balms to Agent Shave this week! Sending out balm samples with all orders between 15th - 25th September ;)

Agent L

Last edited:
Hi Barry, I saw that brush first on images @nolisco and @Wayne Pritchard posted some weeks ago on the SOTD thread and it was love from first sight. Although some say it is a small brush in size with only a 20mm knot, I have seen some youtube shaving videos and it seems big enough for me.

Vie Long offering that brush with brown or white horse hair and also with two different handles, same in design but with different woods. There are also different opinions about which horse hair is softer, the brown or the white one.
The Shavemac Americana is also a very beautiful shaving brush. ;):)

It's certainly big enough, works perfectly for me and I like the handle as it's longer than most of my others. I have two horses both white and 50:50, I read that 50:50 mix is the better of the horse hair and I can only vouch for it's softness and feel. I do wish I had a horse hair brush years ago. Though it does smell bloody awful for the first two weeks :D

The Shavemac is decent too ;)

Can vouch for it, very nice brush and an absolute beauty to use, like being kissed by furry angels
mature-cupid-fat-bearded-hairy-bow-heart-arrow-48937294.jpg

? :D

Agents give difficult spending choices......so much choice....oh but we have freebies! :p
Agent L
Is it normal at TSR that vendors make advertising in every normal user thread for their shops? :mad: Thought they have their own section to do that? I thought here communicate regular members naming products they like without getting tips of vendors for their shops...:confused:

Is it normal at TSR that vendors make advertising in every normal user thread for their shops? :mad:
Thought they have their own section to do that?
Yes it is - they're allowed to promote as they're a part of the forums themselves. They do have their own section for highlighting their deals and suchlike, but there's no harm them chiming in wherever relevant.
I'd say the best approach is to take it or leave it, if you're not happy with what's being said it's your discretion to ignore it. :) I'm happy with conversing with vendors, personally. It allows feedback both ways, and I find it humbling as without that I could theoretically not be dealing with people/humans at all!

Yes it is - they're allowed to promote as they're a part of the forums themselves. They do have their own section for highlighting their deals and suchlike, but there's no harm them chiming in wherever relevant.
I'd say the best approach is to take it or leave it, if you're not happy with what's being said it's your discretion to ignore it. :) I'm happy with conversing with vendors, personally. It allows feedback both ways, and I find it humbling as without that I could theoretically not be dealing with people/humans at all!
O.k. This is totally different to the German forums I know, where it is not normal just to avoid an advertising battle between the vendors in every thread. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom