what radio station do ya listen to

You should try the Edge 102.1 its a station in canada and each time we go home its just the funniest I can't believe they get away with some of the things the come out with. Here is the link if you are interested the music can be quite heavy at times and is not one for the children

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.edge.ca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.edge.ca/</a><!-- m -->

I listen to the Labour/anti coalition fan club which is known as the Toady programme on R4 LW on the way to work and switch to R4 LW for 'Yesterday in Parliament' at 0830. I listen to Toady on FM when Parliament is in recess. John Humph and Eva Davis never fail to boil my water each morning. Loud solo anger venting is good for the soul early each day.

On the way home Peter (heh heh) Allen on Drive on R5. Occasionally R3.

If awake I like to hear 'Sailing By' at 0050 hours - I'd have that played at my funeral, I love it.

If Mrs Spirit is in full snoring mode - as per usual - then Classic FM is a boon through the night.

Someone has a Hacker Sovereign III at work which needs some TLC. I have my eyes on it. :mrgreen:

I recently bought a Roberts RFM3 and a (brand spanking and cheap) Roberts R9924 on the Bay and they are both magnificent.

I much prefer radio, the pictures are better!

:)

Audiolab said:
Only 30 miles west of Glasgow but it might as well be a thousand. There is a hill ridge which hems us against the coastline and across the Clyde estuary lots of other hills. I can see the transmitter from my house but the signal bounces off the rocks behind us and the hills across from us and causes reflection and refraction.

Essentially I live in a ditch, or a valley if you want to sound posh.

Because of where I live a lot of my DAB stations have to be manually re-tuned because the DAB is automatically trying to pick up the signals from Edinburgh even though Im closer to Glasgow.

I miss the beauty of being able to sit (as I did as a child) with the radio on Long Wave and tune in and out of stations that were just broadcasting.

It might be rose tinted glasses but I liked Atlantic 252 (when I could get it)

I'll pretty much listen to anything as background however I was really dissapointed with Jazz FM when I first got my DAB. The only time I have heard anything that isn't what I'd describe as "soul-lite" would be when they do the dinner jazz show in the evenings which as 2 hours of classic Jazz.

I need to find a station (or a few) that I really like.

Radio 4 FM from 5.45am to 7.15pm, dropping out when I can't stand it any more (Moneybags Live). Radio 7 DAB occasionally, especially when they're re-running Sherlock Holmes yet again. Radio 3 rarely, because Late Junction is past my bedtime. Radio 1, 2, 5, Classic FM and that crowd: never. Lagaffe's podcast: once a week.

Back
Top Bottom