what radio station do ya listen to

Via a wireless set: BBC Radio Scotland, BBC Radio 3 & BBC Radio 4FM - LW when TMS is on
Via satellite: BBC Radio Foyle, BBC Radio Wales, BBC Radio 5 live Sports Extra (where TMS is), BBC Radio 7 (no DAB here so can't do it on DAB), RTÉ Radio 1 & RTÉ Lyric FM
Via t'internet: Radio New Zealand, Radio Australia, YLE Radio Finland (used to do this on MW, but they reduced power on 963kHz so I can't get it any more) & CBC Radio 1

I think that's it...

Mostly I listen to news (R4,RNZ,ROz, YLE, CBC R1), documentaries (R4,RNZ,ROz,CBC R1) & drama (R4,R7) - with the occasional bit of sport thrown in (R5SX). Also like radio comedy (R4,R7) and one or two radio "personalities" (R Foyle, R Scotland, R Wales, RTÉ R1) that I've "followed" all over the world. Also like classical (R3, RTÉ Lyric) & traditional music (RTÉ R1, R Scot, R Foyle).

Always good to get a different perspective on the news to the BBC line - it amazing how differently stories get reported - especially on YLE Radio Finland where they read the news in classical latin 2-3 times per day :eek:

For the moment any way, BFBS (British Forces Broadcasting Service). A cross between low budget regional stations and hospital radio :lol: Though with a forces slant of course.
Mrs AJP has a tendancy to listen to Münster FM though - music being more to her tastes.

AJP said:
For the moment any way, BFBS (British Forces Broadcasting Service). A cross between low budget regional stations and hospital radio :lol: Though with a forces slant of course.
Mrs AJP has a tendancy to listen to Münster FM though - music being more to her tastes.

Imagine BFBS without the forces slant... with a farm price obsession and you're pretty close to Radio Borders... local radio for local people :?

hunnymonster said:
AJP said:

Imagine BFBS without the forces slant... with a farm price obsession and you're pretty close to Radio Borders... local radio for local people :?

I had to giggle when they sang up that they had gone digital...so those in the UK can listen too! ONly of any use to those in the UK who have a loved one / friend away and who has sent a shout out to them (every Sunday morning...) and vice-versa.

Radio 5 to and from work. Unless Nicky Campbell's on, then I turn it off and listen to music. I'm sorry if Nicky Campbell is a member of this forum with a nickname disguising himself, but I really don't like listening to the man.

Ah, BFBS.

They said happy birthday to my dog (Boss) when I was in Bosnia - not my idea - it was down to the rest of the dog section and the Vet Corps girls.

Oh, and Nicky Campbell is a prize cock, always has been.

I rarely listen to radio. There's nearly always somebody on it that annoys me, and they're unlikely to play any music that I care about or like.

Ian

Mainly Radio 2 & 4 because the only digital reception we can get is upstairs. In the bedroom (oo-er!) it's either 4, 6 or 7 if Mrs PC isn't listening to her spoken word CDs of course. I like to fall asleep while listening to comedy shows or spooky stuff. Can't sleep listening to music, it's impossible. Main reason why I avoid the World Service late at night as there always seems to be a programme about or involving music.

Absolute Radio in the office, Kerrang Radio in the car (only as far north as Stoke though as the signal dies off) or Beacon (Shrops) FM. I would rather do something really very unpleasant than listen to Radio 1 :cry:

BFBS, oh dear - the soundtrack to many an unhappy month spent somewhere 'Frank Bough and his lovely wife Nesta' wouldn't have been seen dead in - unless Frank was ripped off his tits on Coke in bondage gear of course* :eek:

*allegedly ;)

I do like Chris Moyles I'm afraid! However out here, i have to get the podcast - which isn't so bad as it cuts out the crap music Radio 1 tends to play, but keeps in the funny stuff.

Back
Top Bottom