what radio station do ya listen to

The Wave, Cleveland Ohio (smooth Jazz)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wnwv.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wnwv.com/</a><!-- m -->

Best Radio, Athens Greece
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://bestradio.gr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bestradio.gr/</a><!-- m -->

Radio 2 first thing occasionally Radio 4 but as my office houses my hi-fi and music collection I listen mostly to my jazz, swing, big band, vocal CD's thoroughout the day,,lucky me :)
rewgards, beejay

BBC all the way:

R4 and 6Music.

One of the best things about not having to see the psych nurse each week is that I don't have to hear Jeremy Vine in the waiting room.

I'm certain that delayed my recovery by several months. <shudder>

I live in a radio blackspot, same with terrestrial TV and mobile phones. The signal is not weak just very distorted by the mountains, driving up the coast the radio works for a short while then goes into search mode and drops to mono, so it is an IPOD or CD for me.

One good thing is my company mobile phone doesn't work as well :geek:

Audiolab said:
I live in a radio blackspot, same with terrestrial TV and mobile phones. The signal is not weak just very distorted by the mountains, driving up the coast the radio works for a short while then goes into search mode and drops to mono, so it is an IPOD or CD for me.

My god audio (sorry ollie) where da ya live the twilight zone or the Bermuda triangle?
You and all those brushes?

Only 30 miles west of Glasgow but it might as well be a thousand. There is a hill ridge which hems us against the coastline and across the Clyde estuary lots of other hills. I can see the transmitter from my house but the signal bounces off the rocks behind us and the hills across from us and causes reflection and refraction.

Essentially I live in a ditch, or a valley if you want to sound posh.

fatboy1971 said:
Audiolab said:

My god audio (sorry ollie) where da ya live the twilight zone or the Bermuda triangle?
You and all those brushes?

images

fatboy1971 said:

There are parts of the country that aren't flat and featureless that are poor for radio reception... even in Englandshire they exist and people live there... in the "good old days" they used to have some "novel" solutions to get TV reception (like stonking great TV aerials on top of nearby hills with inch thick coax running a mile or more down to the village/farm) or as OFCOM refer to them "community self help schemes".

I'm similarly lucky that the network my employer chooses to force me to use is crappy around here - the one I choose to use is fine though :D (although it's less than a month since it was switched on)

Radio Scotland in the morning, radio 2 afternoon. In the car it's usually Talk Sport, or if the kids are in the car with me, it's West FM. Magic FM for background music during the day. I listen to The Real Radio Football Phone in of an evening.

Don't get normal terrestrial radio or watchable TV where I live, but we get a hand full of DAB stations. Mostly my listening is done on a Wi-fi internet radio, which is great.

Too right Hunny. Where I live the Freeview reception is poor, I can only get a few of the DAB stations and that's upstairs, and worst of all there is no broadband availability. I have to pay a local company to beam it back and forth to an antenna/receiver thingy on my roof. Costs £25/month. Quite a lot just to chat to a bunch of no-hopers about shaving!!

hunnymonster said:
There are parts of the country that aren't flat

Don't believe you, I am developing hoofs to cope with the hills here. I can't even imagine flat land anymore :lol:

When I am in the areas of good reception I find it depends who is on, I hate that Evens twat but would listen to Steve Wright for a short while. Jeremy Vines voice is OK but hate the talk radio thing. I find I channel hop and see what is on, if I find a nice song I will listen to that station for a while till they get to something that makes me switch. Even some of the classic music stations are good. I guess some people like the radio for background and just tune out when a song comes on they hate but I listen to it and I find it hard to block crap tunes.

I like the odd time where i have been out in the evening and listened to the radio, I think the less popular times allow better programming because there seems to be less playlists and more variety. I often think a DJ-less station would be nice, I know they have to play adverts but get them over with and have the odd message/weather/news and then a mixture of tunes.

Back
Top Bottom