What is your favourite cream?

Nice one RB!

It's good to keep these threads alive. I've tried a lot of creams. The one that has left my skin feeling best is probably T&H Rose. My favourites are Castle Forbes Lavender and Trumpers Coconut. Hard to choose a single one as favourite. Depends on mood.

These are tuff ones.....

Ones I would say that I like to have on hand are ; Proraso green & Omega ( old formula w/lanolin )Superb shave creams with a mega monthol blast. :shave

Ones I have or have used and would/will get again.; Fitjar, Bee My Honey & Wild Thing Well Bred. I will try something else from Jorrun next time me thinks. Godrej is a fantastic cream, all flavours. O Melhor & Trumpers violet and Body Shop.

I dont think I have really had a bad cream. However, some are better than others.

I have only tried a few as I very quickly realised I'm a soap person.

Favourite was Trumper's Coconut for performance and scent - easily.

I still have Erasmic, Ingram and Palmolive knocking about somewhere and of those I reckon Erasmic is probably the best.

For me scentwise, it has to be Trumper's GFT although having recently received T&H's Grafton bathroom set as a birthday gift that may well knock it off top spot as IMO, Grafton smells very much like VC&A's Tsar. On performance it has to be CF Limes, opened it just before Christmas and I have found it to be the best performer to date and I have about 16 different creams in my rotation currently (though I am on the lookout for more) ;)

My secret shaving cream! soon to be announced what it is.

ps. Tried Trumpers coconut. Peformance wise, it was good but I cannot bear that sweet smell day in day out.

sonny said:
My secret shaving cream! soon to be announced what it is.

ps. Tried Trumpers coconut. Peformance wise, it was good but I cannot bear that sweet smell day in day out.

Sonny, are you a politician by any chance, this mystery secret soap has been "soon to be announced" for quite a while, spit it out man!!!. We may have tired it, I have stacks that I have tried and never mentioned here, some good some bad.

Agree on the coconut, is a bit sweet for me and I don't like Bounty's either.

I'm just waiting for a few people who I have traded/exchanged with to get back to me on their feedback of the cream. I need to try 2 blades. 1 Kai and 1 other (have the name jotted down somewhere). Will put a 'swap' post on buy/sell sub-forum. That will be last sample I send out, and then I will reveal it.

I used it yesterday for the first time in ages and went ATG (had an engagement to go to) - gorgeous stuff.

Married life is taking up a fair bit of my time at the moment and don't get a chance to go on the boards. Haven't even unpacked all her stuff yet and am tripping up over it. lol

Fido said:
So which bit of this married life stuff takes up a lot of time? Surely not the housework?

In our family/extended family, after a couple marry, the relatives call them over for dinner over the next 6-12 months. So, weekends are taken over by that. For example, we went to 2 places (my uncle and my aunt - dad's brother and sister's) in Cambridge yesterday.

The engagement/wedding season has kicked off, and every other weekend or so, there is a weekend somewhere in the country to attend.

Also help her with her uni reports etc.

Then there's the usual paperwork etc., and the fact that I need to find a job asap.

And finally, yeah, housework! I try and do a bit. Not very good at it, except the hoover.

I think I'm forgetting something. Oh yeah, and the fact we're still in the honeymoon phase. If you know what I mean? Kinda keeps me occupied :p

Back
Top Bottom