What is your favourite cream?

Ok,

I have tried a few creams, and so far, TOBS Rose is my favourite - both in terms of scent and performance.

I have tried most of the TOBS creams, but Rose seems to give better performance for some reason!

Almond is a bit.... meh.

The scent is pleasant but vanishes very quickly.

Trumpers Rose I also have, and while it's no doubt a great cream, I prefer Taylors. My skin just feels better after the shave, more moisturised. I'm sure I could skip a balm/moisturiser if I had to.

Speick I tried and, while performance is good for the money, I didn't care much for the smell.

I have yet to try Proraso and Musgo Real.

Recently tried some Ingrams, smells great but lather wasn't fantastic. I didn't actually shave with it, didn't want to risk it.

Next on my list is Palmolive - I love the stick, and may try a superlather!

John

Difficult question to answer as I do not have an outright favourite, I like lots of creams.

If you haven’t tried Proraso yet then defiantly get some of that. Arko is nice and I also like the T&H 1805 cream. Salter does a lovely citrus cream which gives a very rich and creamy lather. For me it depends on the shave and the mood I am in.

If I had to pick one (Desert Island scenario) I think it would be Proraso just for the fact that I could use it the most without growing tried of the smell. I would want to change eventually but I could stick with that one the longest.

I've tried a lot of creams over the years, but not many specialty creams. I've never used a brush either. In the U.S. I've been able to experiment with a few natural health food store creams like Kiss My Face (which wasn't that great) and various others. This was a long time ago, mind you, and I wasn't using a DE.

The best cream by far for me is Trader Joe's Moisturizing Cream Shave, a brushless cream only available in the U.S. at the store of the same name. It's exactly the same as Alba Botanica, which costs 2-3x as much, but is re-branded and sold cheaply. It's just thick enough for me, very slick and never dries my face out. Here I've been using Ingram's brushless, which is not thick enough and less slick, but still pretty good and the cool menthol kick afterwards is great. What would be ideal is the Trader Joe's/Alba cream with mint, which I know exists at least under the Alba brand. Can't wait to try it.
trader-joes-honey-mango-shave-cream-michelle.jpg

alba-aloe-mint-cream-shave_1229460351_LRG.jpg

Extra thick double cream - or as I prefer to think of it, "proper cream like it used to be when mum used to get it straight from the dairy out of a churn".

Oh shaving cream - probably Lider Classic or WARS... Lider Activ performs the same, but has an "unique" smell.

Favourite creams seem to be the higher end stuff,
1. Fitjar Shea Pleasure
2.The Gentlemans Refinery
3.Castle Forbes Lime Oil Cream
4 Nancy Boy Replenishing Shave cream (from the States)
All do a fine job.

TOBS Black Tub Jermyn St. Shave Cream - Absolute Heaven

eshave Shave Cream. I think these can only be bought from the USA. I have many samples and they are absolutely fab. Completely different lather to any cream I have tried before. **Silky** is the key word, soft and thick lather. Also they come in a much better variety of scents than traditional creams. I've tried the White Tea and Cucumber versions so far - seriously divine stuff.

Back
Top Bottom