What are you drinking tonight.

TW Acustic Raven One. I know Thomas so I got enabled!

He doesn't make the R1 any more, his other models are milled from billet Unobtanium mind you...
Just had a wee look, absolutely cracking looking deck. I only have a rega p3. And I still get slagged off by friends with what do you have that for when you can stream stuff. I still have every LP, single and CD I have ever bought.
But they are happy to listen to music through their phones. :cry:

The R1 is closest to the GT which was above it in the range but heavier.
I had a P3, was a great deck and highly thought of by my vinyl expert acquaintances. I would still have it but the chance to get the TW came up and I wasn't going to insult the man now, was I?! A kick in the purse even at mates rates but it had to be done. My old P3 with RB300 arm is still in the test lab at my amp building guy's works. He's the one who recommended it and the fact he's got it still proves it's good cos he's got ney shite and is very picky indeed.

The R1 is closest to the GT which was above it in the range but heavier.
I had a P3, was a great deck and highly thought of by my vinyl expert acquaintances. I would still have it but the chance to get the TW came up and I wasn't going to insult the man now, was I?! A kick in the purse even at mates rates but it had to be done. My old P3 with RB300 arm is still in the test lab at my amp building guy's works. He's the one who recommended it and the fact he's got it still proves it's good cos he's got ney shite and is very picky indeed.
Had a p1 originally, that was just put on top of amp on the carpet between the speakers. Sounded good to me.
But always hankered for a systemdek or a p3. got a p3 set up and leveled on a proper rack, and it sounded so much better.
The p1 would have sounded better on a proper rack though not as good. My mate bought the p1 off me he still has it but I can't remember the last time he used it.
I'll need to by a cartridge in the future as the two I have no longer have styluses made for them, bugger.

Yeah it's surprising what difference it makes getting stuff up on stands. The Hotmetalette on Sunday said "your rack is a pita to dust, would you consider an IKEA unit with doors and a lid?"

She was not prepared for the vehemence of my "NO!!!!"... Then she asked why and I had to just walk away.

On my P3 I had a Zyx R50. She hoovered it and broke the canti. When I told her how much that damn cart cost she just looked at me. This is why we're not married.

Yeah it's a right skank how much vinyl costs now. Mind you I suppose they're not churning out the quantity they were in the 80s when literally every record was released on vinyl in thousands, filling the shelves in Woollies, Wor Price and HMV. Now it's all 180g boutique pressings. Which is good in one sense but the £ is a bit hard to swallow. Especially if they don't give you a link to the digi files for free inside the sleeve.

Just had a wee look, absolutely cracking looking deck. I only have a rega p3. And I still get slagged off by friends with what do you have that for when you can stream stuff. I still have every LP, single and CD I have ever bought.
But they are happy to listen to music through their phones. :cry:
To me it seems preferable to pay to own stuff rather than paying a subscription to obtain a licence to access stuff.

Streaming:
If your licence is revoked you've nowt. If the company goes bust you may have nowt. The artists may get crap deals.

Owning:
You own it. The artist is more likely to benefit.

Back
Top Bottom