Went a bit mad on the Russian DE's today...

Yes indeed!,excellent blade all round.I don't know whether they are worth the extra premium over the Sputniks and Voskhods mind,but make no mistake about what a top class blade it is!.Smooth and sharp,holds it edge very well too.I recon,if you are the type of person that uses a blade for more than one or two shaves these could be worth the extra.
I find some blades are good for longer growth,but can be a bit rough on a day or two's stubble,these Rubies don't mind either. If you don't mind paying the premium,go get some!.
Obviously.....YMMV!.

I thought I was past the blade acquisition stage but now I'm feeling a desire to get some Rubies. Anyone know the cheapest place to get them? unuta77 has them for about £17 per 100

I don't know if you found any but Glen from Gemstone shaving usually stocks them. Same price as Unuta77 and UK based. Here's the link. Rubies

I find that of all the products us shavers use, blades are the most subjective. I tried Rapira Swedish Supersteel & Platinum Lux from Andre & found both as rough as a Badgers arse. However, Polsilver Super Iridium from Gemstone I find wonderful. Just ordered another 100 (just in case!) & a few Rubies to try.

I find that of all the products us shavers use, blades are the most subjective. I tried Rapira Swedish Supersteel & Platinum Lux from Andre & found both as rough as a Badgers arse. However, Polsilver Super Iridium from Gemstone I find wonderful. Just ordered another 100 (just in case!) & a few Rubies to try.

You're not the only one who thought the Rapira Supersteel and Platinum Lux were RAF. :D Hope you like the Rubies.

I found the Rapira blades pretty harsh too, but the Rubies were great, really smooth blade in my case. Hope you like them.

I can manage with Rapira blades, but as aforementioned by others they are not a 'Grail' blade. That said, I think the Rubie Plat Plus & the Russian version of the Platinum are the top of the mountain. If there is a better modern blade then it's one made by dwarves on Mt. Doom.

It shows how much YMMV with blades.

Sputnik's, Rapira Swedes and Polsilver SIs, I've found good enough to buy in bulk, but Vokshods aren't quite sharp enough and Rubies and Rapira Platinums always seem tuggy.

Back
Top Bottom