User names and avatars

Omp is my nickname. Jonathan was shortened to Jompy, then Ompy, then Omp when I was a child and it stuck.
The Avatar is lifted form the Savonnerie du Moulin website. Not much thought went into it but I do love their soap.

A friend of mine coined Mattlad as my nickname about 35 years ago. It is pronounced with a glottal stop on the 't's..... We've all moved on so I don't see that crowd and the nickname has fallen out of use but I adopted it as a forum username when I first started using the Internet so mattlad still lives on, albeit online!

The avatars that I use on t'internet are either a Land Rover I used to own a or an engine that my father manufactured. Unfortunately when this forum changed I couldn't get my avatars to work so I seem to be stuck with a Deathstar eclipse

Northam Saint:- I am Southampton born and bred, before we moved to North Devon I had a season ticket for The Saints in the Northam Stand, (the end that makes all the noise and stands up).

Avatar:- A favourite tipple, also I like old school Sailor Jerry style Tattoos, and I have the same lady on my left arm.

The most common glottal stop in this neck of the woods occurs when pronuncing water i.e wa'er for which parents may scold their child or not. Seen as common or peasant-like. Och bit nae b'me, ye ken...;)

My mother is Italian. My username is from a family in-joke stemming from my childhood confusion over Uncle Frank's original Italian name, which as I subsequently discovered was Francesco. Not Francorelli.

Avatar is the indomitable and magnificent Phillipe Petit, walking a tightrope between the Twin Towers in 1974.

Fish is part of my surname and most friends call me it. My avatar is how they describe me, soft and cuddly until annoyed then god help you.

Fish

Back
Top Bottom