User names and avatars

I use this user name on another site so reused it to limit the number of names I have to remember. My name is Phil and 68 is just a random number. Picture is also random shave related image.

jay = J, cey = C My initials.

Avatar was a temp when the new board started and has kind of stuck.
Born, lived and worked in Hackney all my life, it's a fantastic place to live. Not without its troubles through the years and media sensationalisation that has fuelled the ups & downs., Hackney has transformed in a vibrant, multi cultural metropolis where people are queuing up to live for a princely sum!

I Love Acne, "Acne" is how it is pronounced by true east enders (Cockneys)

My 1st name is John and the initials of my middle and surnames are A O. When I joined the Fire Service there were so many Johns already I soon became JohnAO. JohnnyO has stuck through the years.

JohnnyO. o/

In the early days when forums and PCs were new I designed and built a fan controller electronic gadget that fitted into one of the PC's CD drive bays. It automatically controlled the speeds of various fans inside the PC according to the temperature. It was an obvious choice of username when all the "Mike123" etc. names were taken.

The avatar was supposed to be an animated smiley (no longer animates for some reason). I try to be positive in life, hence the smiley and I'm at my laptop/PC when I'm on these forums so it seems apt. I did change it to my own photo when the forum software was changed recently (to the dodgy version) but it reverted back again when the forum software was changed again.

And my signature is a quote from M*A*S*H (arguably the best TV series ever made) by the psychiatrist Maj. Sidney Freedman on a particularly tense moment in surgery.

Last edited:
Shemen is oil in the original Bible language, Zait is olive so you can make the rest.

The avatar is 1950's advert for what is known now days as the Israeli Mem shaving cream (it was called after the maker of the cream Shemen back then). In the advert it said:
Even the stubborn stubble of the prickly pear is surrender to Shemen shaving cream.
Prickly pear is known as the national fruit over there.

My avatar is a photo of me. I use it for most of the shaving forums.

My username comes from an old pulp sci-fi trilogy, The Starchild Trilogy. Plan of Man was the name of the bad guys, the government which ruled the solar system. I used PLANofMAN as my Xbox live gamertag, (before I realized you could add spaces between the words), and after 10 years, it's pretty much the only online personna I use anymore.

I still use Scruffy Nerfherder on a skating forum that I visit once or twice a year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom